Respected Contributor

Re: Abandoned Cat Finds Unexpected Home

We live in the country and I guess we look like a good place to dump your cats when you are moving or tired of them or ?????. I feed them all when they show up. They are all pretty much wild or feral. It took me years to get to pet our oldest guy who was dumped when the place across the street was sold. How can people just abandon animals? I don't get it . My grandmother always said there was a special place in hell for people who abuse animals and I sure hope she was right (she usually WAS!). Blessings to that home inspector! Super cute kitty!

Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie @Spurt

Thank you for sharing the information @newziesuzie

Why can't every state have harsh punishment for *****people who abuse and  abandon animals?

Every time I see the pictures of an animal who has been adopted and the happiness in their faces the tears start to flow. 

Tears also flow for those who haven't been adopted and/or have been abused.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@newziesuzie @Spurt

Thank you for sharing the information @newziesuzie

Why can't every state have harsh punishment for *****people who abuse and  abandon animals?

Every time I see the pictures of an animal who has been adopted and the happiness in their faces the tears start to flow. 

Tears also flow for those who haven't been adopted and/or have been abused.

@butterfly123 @newziesuzie

I know our city has taken strong steps to become a "no kill" shelter city, in addition, they are cracking down on animal abandonment and abuse cases.  Personally, i think the fines should be steeper.  One TV station here did a story how a city park was becoming a favorite place to abandon dogs (which is illegal and does carry fines and they make it mandatory they appear in court and go before a judge that reads them the riot act)....they even installed video cameras to capture the parking lot (and get the car and license plate) and capture them dumping the animal......The city sets traps with food to capture the dogs to bring them to one of the shelters or animal groups to care for them and help them hopefully find a forever home. .Of course these cold hearted people will just find an out of the way place to dump the animals so they can starve to death.......It makes me FUME!! Cat Mad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

For the animals, no kill shelters are a must! Your city is making progress and is an example for all places in the world. 

The voices, letters, emails, petitions and passionate individuals make good happen!

Esteemed Contributor

Most of my cats were abandoned. My son worked near San Pedro and  a worker feeds the cats. My son took one home and told me about it. I asked to get one for me. She lived with me for 20 years and just was p ut to sleep this year. Another cat my son found and took home was in a garbage truck being fixed at work. I took home a cat that was living around a mall a few years ago also. I just adopted a cat at a shelter where they said she was a stray. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

For the animals, no kill shelters are a must! Your city is making progress and is an example for all places in the world. 

The voices, letters, emails, petitions and passionate individuals make good happen!

@butterfly123  It's really great how the city Animal Control and all the no kill shelters work together, they even network with shelters in other states.....so if one is over run they transport the animals to another state that has room......but the need is sooooooooooo great .... if people would only spay/neuter their animals.....sadly some just let their pets run wild and overpopulation happens......Some places offer free spay/neutering but there is a waiting list.....and there are clinics that offer reduced more affordable prices, but what some of the vets charge is outrageous......my vet partnered with another vet and joined a national veternarian group and his prices went through the roof---when I took Figaro to get spayed it was $164......when I found and rescued the other feral kitty, Puddin 2 years later the price was $300.....I took her to an animal hospital where the price was $165 she even got a free bath and flea treatment too....Veterinarians need to make a living, but price gouging doesn't help the animals....I think my vet did this because he is nearing retirement and was thinking what would become of his practice so he brought another vet on board. My entire family has been going to him for years and years he is very sweet and kind and loves all animals....I don't like his partner, one time when he was on vacation I needed to take one of my kitties in and this new partner was very cold hearted and appeared she wasn't that fond of cats the way she handled my cat, I've seen her with her 2 boxers in the office, I think she is strictly a dog person....and all she could talk about was all the services they offer and I could see the look in her face ching ching let the cash regiser ring....but all she got from me was a NO SALE!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@halfpint1

You are a compassionate and kind person. Your kitties love you! 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt

No vet should treat your cat unkindly. 

I like the networking idea you mentioned with the shelters working together. 

Unfortunately some towns and cities do not have a no kill shelter and this is heartbreaking.

There are veterinarians that want people to adopt and work with the shelters. 

Price gouging is morally corrupt IMO.

Super Contributor

I love to hear a a good out come for the poor little one left behind. He really is so cute. Thanks for posting.

Frequent Contributor

@beastielove wrote:

I truly believe that Divine Intervention made sure that Paul Tateosian and Paul Burnside went to the house that day in order to rescue this precious girl and save her life.

I also truly believe that there is a special place in H**l for the vile s**m who intentionally abandoned Girdy and left her to die.Cat Mad

------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws  =^..^=

The way people treat animals says volumes about their soul and character imho. Great post @beastielove