Respected Contributor

The USDA Lincoln National Forest reported more than 40 abandoned campfires were reported in the forest over the holiday weekend. That is frightening. Are that many people that clueless?

Respected Contributor

This is very sad to hear. I hate to say people just don't care about anything anymore but it seems to be the case here. Fire destruction is so costly, one would think people would take more care.

Valued Contributor

@On It : As Forest Gump's Mother said : "Stupid is , as Stupid does "

Honored Contributor

There are people who do not know a thing about fire safety in the forest or any place else. 

Honored Contributor

I have been thinking of Lilysmom,she is in Nova Scotia.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

They need to bring back Smoky The Bear so people can understnad how dangerous it is to just leave a fire going.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Abandoned Campfires

[ Edited ]

I live in a National Forest.

Perhaps these "campfires" were left unattended by design. We experienced a small fire up here too over the weekend.

If they find you, you'll get the bill.

Honored Contributor

Re: Abandoned Campfires

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I live in a National Forest.

Perhaps these "campfires" were left unattended by design. We experienced a small fire up here too over the weekend.

If they find you, you'll get the bill.

@Snowpuppy 

It's illegal to take residence in a National Forest unless the land was privately owned before the National Forest took the land around it.

Honored Contributor

@On It ..............YES!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

The same kind of people who shoot off fire crackers during a drought or at least no recent rain. My neighbor does it every July 4th and I worry one will land on my roof  or someone else's and set the house  on fire.