Honored Contributor

Re: Aaron Rodgers and Shailene Woodley end engagement

@LindaSal   It was well known on programs like 20/20 and specials that featured him.  I certainly did not make it up.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@10sluvr   It's called an opinion.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am an NFL fan and thought it was weird that Aaron became engaged to Shailene who didnt even like football (that certainly would've created an obstacle in their marriage if that had ever taken place) Personally I didnt see it lasting long (so there goes the Broncos hopes of landing him since they thought Aaron would transfer to a team closer to where she lives)...................He's gone through quite a lot of relationships which says a lot about him....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Katcat1 I don't think Aaron Hernandez (NE Patriots) was gay, a gangster perhaps but not gay.   I live in New England and know some people who actually knew him well, he was at their daughters wedding as was I.   I don't understand where that came from??

Hernandez had severe chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE).  The term is used to describe brain degeneration likely caused by repeated head traumas.  They believe it effected his decision making and caused a lot of his behavior.  

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Katcat1 I don't think Aaron Hernandez (NE Patriots) was gay, a gangster perhaps but not gay.   I live in New England and know some people who actually knew him well, he was at their daughters wedding as was I.   I don't understand where that came from??

@LindaSal 

I read that post and thought the same thing. What??? He was not gay. He was definitely into the gang banger lifestyle. Sometimes these athletes come so far but they don't leave the craziness in the rearview mirror as they should. 

Honored Contributor

@liliblu Yes I am aware of that and thank you for posting it.  I just think some of these shows' information you have to take with a grain of salt.  As far as his alleged gay issues, if it was in fact in high school, (if) that doesn't mean he was literally gay.   like I stated he was a troubled man but good grief.  

Esteemed Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

Oh my gosh, that is exactly how rumors start - Aaron is not gay!!!  He may be going through a mid life crisis early or some sort of developmental phase, but being gay is not in the mix. 
Yes his appearance certainly has changed - the scraggly hair, pathetic man bun and sandals and shorts on his way to practice, but it seems like this has coincided with this last girlfriend. I am glad he had enough sense to know marriage would not have worked out with her or the other two, he's got some relationship issues to work on first. 

Whatever the reason, he does have a bit of a weird sense of humor which can come off as arrogant, but he has done a lot for this Green Bay community and CA community that many outside people don't realize.

He is an amazingly talented quarterback that I think has grown and learned some necessary things in the last year in a personal and professional sense and I hope he stays here and finally gets that Super Bowl win that's been so elusive year after year!

@HerRoyaLioness 

They gay comment was in reference to a different football player named Aaron Hernandez not Aaron Rodgers.

Respected Contributor

@icezeus - no, it was about Aaron Rodgers, before this thread got off track about Aaron Hernandez:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I believe he is hiding his sexual identity.  Quite a few beautiful women and it never pans out.  One woman I can understand but when it is several he is hiding.  lol

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Having watched Aaron Rodgers serve as a very presentable temporary host on JEOPARDY and now seeing him with the awful beard and greasy-looking long hair, I think something happened to him mentally.

Supposedly, he was making it known around the time of his JEOPARDY appearance that he hoped to pursue some sort of TV broadcasting or sports commentator role when football was over for him.

In fact, it seemed he thought being a show host could be a stepping stone to a TV career and that he would retire from football to pursue it.  Maybe he thought being engaged to an actress would help, too,

Maybe he didn't get any offers and hasn't really enjoyed football since then, which might explain his horrible grooming and bad humor.

How's that for armchair psychology and a lot of  dumb speculation?  I'll stop now, except to repeat what I say to DH every time I see him on TV......why the heck doesn't Rodgers  clean up and find a good barber?

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I don't either @LindaSal 

Never heard that.

He left a widow (always doesn't mean anything)