Honored Contributor

I watched the CNN docu about Aaron Hernandez. Apparently he was not always a bad person. He was close to his father growing up but his father died when Aaron was just sixteen years old. According to the docu, this is when things started to go south. Seems he had lost the one thing in his life that kept him in line, and it the loss happened during a very critical stage in his life to make it worse.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I watched the CNN docu about Aaron Hernandez. Apparently he was not always a bad person. He was close to his father growing up but his father died when Aaron was just sixteen years old. According to the docu, this is when things started to go south. Seems he had lost the one thing in his life that kept him in line, and it the loss happened during a very critical stage in his life to make it worse.

Right. Not football injuries. Bad choices. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

...and around the same time he was probably

conflicted w/ his sexuality...which most likely

played a huge part in Lloyd's murder. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Aaron Hernandez

[ Edited ]

He was a thug, she is correct,he hung around with gang like people.A nd this has nothing to do with his sexual desires, his friend knew something ,and he killed him because of that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Re: Aaron Hernandez

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:

@skuggles wrote:

Based on the vacate law, I'm now wondering if this wasn't his final act of revenge, denying his victims access to the funds in his estate, so that it could go to his daughter.

@skuggles- I don't think it was revenge....his life was over if his conviction was overturned.  He would be in debt, no one would give him a job as an athlete or anything else and loners like him, never really form relationships...and more importantly, in the eyes of his child and those who loved him, doubt and trust would always be there... he was alone and always would be, even if free....I would prefer to think, he had a conscience at the end and by his suicide, he would care for his family, those who supported him and showed unconditional love....they will get a settlement and his daughter will not live with the stigma of having a murderer as a father. Every murderer has the right to appeal over and over again but abatement wipes the slate clean because of reasonable doubt and his lack of appeals ...he knew he was a murderer and he is not a sympathetic character and no jury would overturn the verdict; he would never know freedom and maybe the worst scenario for him.  Life was over either way....I am sure prison was no big deal for him; he was tough, probably even respected by other prisoners...he had structure, friends just like him, but still alone...but, maybe he did turn to a higher being and realized that he could provide for his family, his child.  and give her the chance he never had...he died with a conscience and it was his way of showing love and/or the only unselfish thing he ever did...maybe he got the psychiatric help he always needed...we will never know....

The point is, that he would have to die before having a chance to appeal in order to have it vacated. So, If he had lived, he would still be in prison for life,  unless his appeal was successful, which in all likelihood it would not have been. It's kind of a catch 22 in Massachusetts law.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Exactly, that was the start of it. We've been talking about that in the NFL thread in the sports forum. Absent that father perhaps he turned to gang members or wannabe gang members for a pseudo family. He does have a brother.

Loss of a father at a young age happens to many people and they don't make the decisions he made. But some of them also have other people who step into that role as support and mentors. You wonder what would/could have happened if he had that. That's what's sad about it, saddest of all for Odin Lloyd and his family. And for the other two men and their families. If AH didn't kill them I think he told Bradley to.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Wonder what's in the suicide notes he supposedly wrote?

Trusted Contributor

@Stray

Beautiful story.  I'm sure there are wonderful players who do wonderful things. But...the ones who do awful things - the NFL just doesn't seem to do the right thing.  These men continue to play and make millions of dollars, when they shouldn't.  That's what bothers me.  Sports is nothing but a huge money making pit.  And you could commit murder - as long as you don't go to prison for it, the NFL will keep these losers on the roster. 

Makes me sick Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

All the speculation on why the Girlfriend/Fiance stayed with him and sat thru both trials, visited him in jail when she wasn't getting access to his money.

Has anybody thought she really loved HIM..not his fame..not his money...not him being in the NFL..but HIM as a person..flawed or not..

Respected Contributor

@CouponQueen wrote:

All the speculation on why the Girlfriend/Fiance stayed with him and sat thru both trials, visited him in jail when she wasn't getting access to his money.

Has anybody thought she really loved HIM..not his fame..not his money...not him being in the NFL..but HIM as a person..flawed or not..

No

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )