Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I did a thread last week about our mild NE PA winter.  Ha, this morning a lovely 5  #&^%@$ degrees plus a strong wind. IT takes your breath away when you first go out. There is the NE PA winter weather that sux.

Still not what I'd call a "real" snow even though the ground has been white since Friday.  A paltry 3-3.5 inches is nothing, but man is it freakin freezing.

My furnace is running like it's in a marathon. I just picture $ disappearing every time it turns on.  Yikes.  I guess it is to warm up to 30s later in the week.

On the upside it is sunny and we are gaining a minute or 2 of daylight every day and it is not dark at 5pm. Less of the double whammy, freezing and dark.

I should have kept my mouth shut.  lol

It's colder here in South Central Pa, only in the 20's today with about 5 inches of snow on Friday. When we moved here from Long Island one of the very first things I noticed was that it was still light out till almost 5pm here. On Long Island it's dark at 4:30 in January! Never even gave this a thought till we moved here! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen   Yeah, about March.  I don't get too excited about March here in PA.  We have had some doozies of snow storms in that lovely month.  1993, blizzard round the middle of March. The piles of snow were insane.

April 1st is my target date.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I thought about your post on Friday morning. What a beautiful snow! Our back patio always looks crazy when the chairs are covered with snow and my potted herbs are wondering what happened. I for one am hoping for more snow, but I feel for those people who have to be driving in it.

Friday snow.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Looks like there are a lot of us in PA.  I'm in SE PA near the Jersey border.  Very cold and it's just the beginning of winter!  Looking forward to warmer weather! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

You could have it worse... I live in Wisconsin and we've been in the "deep" freeze for about 4 days. The high for today is 5. Last night we were at about 15 below. Welcome to Wisconsin Winters...lol

Respected Contributor

I worry about the one feral kitty I feed and I am in CA where it rarely goes below 32 degrees I have a heated pad for him that I turn on every night.  Glad you have outdoor shelter for the kitties, bless you for doing this.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep, cold here in Philly.  Button up -- it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow.  

Truth be told, I'll take this over the long stretches of 90 degree plus days with humidity thrown in.  Yuck.  

Esteemed Contributor

@spumoni99   Currently we have 7 that are always around.  We feed them 2x a day.  When the weather is like this my daughter buys cartons of cat milk and adds a little hot water to warm it upand gives tha along with their dry food. She wants something warm in their stomaches on 5 degree days.

The know what time breakfast and supper are and are always waiting.

This am she said a couple looked out the opening of the shelters and just said, "nope, too darn cold to come out right now."

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Yep, cold here in Philly.  Button up -- it's supposed to be even colder tomorrow.  

Truth be told, I'll take this over the long stretches of 90 degree plus days with humidity thrown in.  Yuck.  

Me too.  I hate summer.

Glenda