Honored Contributor

Gives me hand cramps.  I guess my left and right are not synapsing and synchronizing.  
@Noel7 wrote:

THE BENEFITS OF CURSIVE GO BEYND WRITING

Putting pen to paper stimulates the brain like nothing else, even in this age of e-mails, texts and tweets. In fact, learning to write in cursive is shown to improve brain development in the areas of thinking, language and working memory. Cursive handwriting stimulates brain synapses and synchronicity between the left and right hemispheres, something absent from printing and typing.

As a result, the physical act of writing in cursive leads to increased comprehension and participation.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/04/30/should-schools-require-children-to-learn-cursive/the...

Trusted Contributor

I'm left-handed and feel I've always had good handwriting

Want to hear something weird though?  I don't even remember how I discovered I could do this, but I can write backwards in cursive as easily as I can write normally.  I will often write a sentence, a first and last name, etc. backwards and when I hold it up to the mirror, it's always perfect...the formation of the letters, etc.  And I don't have to think about it when I'm doing it; it just comes naturally.  Does anyone else share this strange phenomenon with me?! i   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AWFUL HANDWRITING

[ Edited ]

It is ironic you posted this. Yesterday I was addressing Christmas cards and I said to my husband, look at my handwriting. I used to have beautiful handwriting and now it looks mediocre. And I do mail birthday and holiday cards and write checks. But it seems I noticed it while doing the cards. I said to him, its probably from typing all the time!

And PS my 2 younger granddaughters could not sign their names b.c one had cursive for weeks in grade school and they don't write anymore. The youngest never learned cursive! (My oldest granddaughter who is 18, can write cursive and has beautiful handwriting but of course she excels at art). It gets me so mad they don't teach cursive. They use computers for all of their school work!

My one granddaughter is 16 so she will have to sign her license! So the thinking that handwriting will be a thing of the past because it wont be used is not true yet! So I taught them both how to write their names in cursive!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles