Trusted Contributor

After 30 years with USAA I'm finally ready to "pull the plug" and transfer all my accounts to other providers.

About 10 days ago I spent an hour on the phone with a USAA CS agent.  We went over all aspects of my auto coverage and she quoted me an annual fee.

Yesterday, I received the official docs for renewal of my auto policy and it was $100 MORE than the agreed up amount.

I had an issue with a grossly mishandled credit card fraud issue last year, so this latest issue has convinced me to finally sever from USAA

Any suggestions for an auto insurance company with U.S. based customer service would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: AUTO INSURANCE SUGGESTIONS

@pdlinda    I too have become disenchanted with USAA.  I understand they contracted many aspects of the company functions some time ago and things seem to have been on the skids ever since.

One thing that alarmed me was that they say they have a lifetime guarantee on body work done on a car but even with a massive computer system, they have no records of past repairs done.  How are you supposed to take advantage of the warranty when the paint starts to peel?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

From reading the USAA customer complaint sites, it's clear that their loyal customer ranks are being shredded by, as you mentioned, their obvious business decision to farm out many of their operations to sub-contractors.

When I spoke to the auto insurance CS woman who gave me the inaccurate quote a few weeks ago, her level of expertise was far below what existed in the company for many years.

I have 3 other accts with them that I'll have to move as well.

Are you planning to switch carriers and, if yes, how will you make your selection? 

There are SO MANY carriers out there.  I simply don't know where to start and don't want to wind up worse than I am right now.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda .. don't know where you live.   But if you are in Connecticut, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio or  Pennsylvania, try NJM.   I have my homeowners and car insurance with them.   They are excellent and are located in New Jersey.   

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector   I live in Arizona.

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@Boehm Collector   I live in Arizona.

Too bad you can't use NJM.   Their rates are good and their customer service is amazing.  

Honored Contributor

I've been with AAA for decades and have always been pleased.  But, I don't know if they are a nationwide company or not.

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector   May I have their phone # so I can call them and see if they can recommend an auto insurance co in AZ?  Thank you!!

Super Contributor

Try GEICO 1-800-841-3000

@pdlinda 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

We're in Arizona and have been with The Hartford/AARP for years. Every year I shop around, but The Hartford always wins.