Honored Contributor

Re: ATTENTION: Your IP Address has been compromised

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

They don't even want money now; they want prepaid cards or gift cards which should be a huge red flag.  The IP address and Microsoft people want access to your computer.  Never click on a like.  I also got a text from "Wells Fargo", but I don't have an acount with them.  The IRS never calls.  We have dealt with them before and it's all done by mail.  Locally, we keep getting the Utility company calling to say you have to pay or they're going to cut your power off immediately.  I guess people still fall for it even though it's been on the news several times.

@Icegoddess 

And you can add student loans to that list of scam calls--(either forgiving or renegotiating the interest rate)..Although its been a "few" years since I graduated from college, I've must have asked for a million dollar loan if that thing is still ongoing....LOL....

..I guess the crooks are now trying to reach the millennial audience with these student loan scams...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt I paid mine off many many years ago.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Never underestimate these scammers...If they have your number they STILL might be relentless and hound you with their recorded messages like they did me and I dont pick up the phone, just delete their messages and block and report their calls to the FTC......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Never underestimate these scammers...If they have your number they STILL might be relentless and hound you with their recorded messages like they did me and I dont pick up the phone, just delete their messages and block and report their calls to the FTC......

I don't answer calls I don't recognize either.  They can leave a message if they want.  I'll just delete it.

Honored Contributor

I used to enjoy playing games with those scammers before the calls became robo.I would answer if bored and then have some fun at their expense.I once thanked a guy profusely for calling as I told him that I was bored and stuck at home with explosive diarrhea and not even family would visit...he hung up.Rude.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I used to enjoy playing games with those scammers before the calls became robo.I would answer if bored and then have some fun at their expense.I once thanked a guy profusely for calling as I told him that I was bored and stuck at home with explosive diarrhea and not even family would visit...he hung up.Rude.

@dex LOL!

I used to do this too.

A man would call daily and ask me to buy some green energy product.

I said I prefer the blue kind and asked him is green better than blue and which should I get and why?🤣

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan That’s funny....I once listened to a long spiel and then asked for an answer to my question..do you think I am too old for pink sparkle uggs?

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@Pqfan That’s funny....I once listened to a long spiel and then asked for an answer to my question..do you think I am too old for pink sparkle uggs?

LOL!🤣

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Icegoddess 

I don't answer calls I don't recognize either.  They can leave a message if they want.  I'll just delete it.

--------------

My phone answer tells people to leave a message or their number will be blocked! Most of my unknown 'callers' don't leave a message!!  I figure if some unknown really wanted to talk to me, they would leave a message and then I decide whether to follow up or not.

But these people are getting to be quite clever! What I have noticed lately though is that sometimes caller ID just says 'phone call'....no number.  I don't answer those either!! 

Honored Contributor

I get the Microsoft calls all the time.  Also, student loans, "your credit account will be closed", "we are sending the back brace your ordered", IRS,  you won a raffle, etc.