Esteemed Contributor

Re: AT&T to buy DirecTV in $48.5 billion cash and stock

Wow..we have AR&T as our carrier and we have Directv, I wonder if we'll get a discount?  

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Valued Contributor

We already pay a fortune to AT&T for a data plan we can't use because we can't connect to their tower on a regular basis and they won't build more but can buy directv. We have it and no problems so can't wait to see how they'll mess it up. Our only option for wifi is satellite so we loose all the way around.
Esteemed Contributor

Ahhh!  My long time employer snapping up another company. Centurylink, my internet provider, offers package deals with DirecTV.

Now that AT&T bought DirecTV I wonder how that is going to work out with Centurylink.

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@postechnician wrote:

Went to AT&T about my phone and offered a great bundle deal with Directv. 

With the Choice pkg.

3 mons. Free of HBO STARZ SHOWTIME & CINEMAX

4 Genie Minis

Advanced Receiver Service

Regional Sports fee

NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX

Estimated First Bill.      $76.12

rebates.       50.00

299.00.         Plus a $200.00 gift card

You bumped this thread up from months ago. Do you work for them? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Just because they want to buy, doesn't mean the government will let them.

Esteemed Contributor

The "you know who's" should stay out of what is called "free enterprise" for a reason. I unfortunately was a part of a 1-man decision that cost me untold amounts of money, and tens of thousands of people that lost their jobs.

Ole judge green knew what was best and how 1 person had so much power go be able to do this? Still a mystery to me and to the other tens of thousands of workers who had their lives changed forever because of this 1 man's wrong discision. I am, over 30 years later, still paying the financial price for what he did.

Beaurocrats know nothing about running a business. Most come from the legal field and have never run even an "orange juice stand" as a child. Yet they know better than those that have spent their whole lives running "free enterprise" businesses and major corporations?

Put a book only educated beaurocrat up against a school dropout that has run businesses the whole time the other was reading books on how it is done? No contest! That certificate means little to nothing when it comes to real life experience.

Back to ole judge green. Law degree/attorney and then a judge who has zero experience about running anything but his mouth and using his gavel, yet he is the one that decides what is best for a telecommunication giant?

As I previously stated. 31 years later myself and tens of thousands more are still paying the financial price for the decision made by 1 "highly real life uneducated" man.

hckynut(john)
Occasional Contributor

No I don't work for them. I went into the AT&T store to ask about one of my phones on my family plan. The guy told me about them acquiring Directv and the deal. I still haven't called to set it up. Not sure if I want to go thru all the trouble. I have Dish now for the last 10 years on 5 TVs. Took almost 6 hrs. back then to do all the TVs. The NFL ticket will probably be the deciding factor.