Valued Contributor

ARe any of the testimonials "planned"?

Boy, some of these callers sound so perfect and rehearsed, not authentic, just plain put on. Is that happening here? Can they legally do that? Just curious.

Respected Contributor

Re: ARe any of the testimonials "planned"?

They're not supposed to be. Years ago, Bob Bowersox made an announcement on-air that a phone caller on a previous item was staged by someone from that product's company who made a testimonial as a customer. Bob said that QVC does not allow that from vendors they buy from and would not be ordering from that company any longer.

Respected Contributor

I don't think they're planned.

They shouldn't be. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think they're planned in the sense that OP means, but I do remember the one time I agreed to speak on air that I had a few minutes to plan what I wanted to say  -  no one from QVC asked me anything or told me anything before I spoke.

To this day, I have no idea how they choose their callers.  The night I agreed to speak was the first time I'd been asked.  It was a Honora show and I have had super luck with my Honora pearls so I was happy to be positive.  I've been asked other times although I don't remember for what, probably because I did not accept the invitations.

Maybe lots of callers feel like I do, accepting only when they are really enthusiastic. 

Esteemed Contributor

I always wonderd the same thing...

Valued Contributor

Some people are more articulate than others.  Nothing staged or planned about that.

Honored Contributor

I find these calls annoying, and stopped watching QVC because of them.   I rarely ever heard a caller who was able to state their simple opinion about the product and be done---the calls I always seemed to hear, every caller wanted to have an on air conversation with the host and go on and on about how they love them, the host is their favorite, they have watched them for years, and bought so many products from them.   I depend totally on QVC.com to review products of interest.   

Honored Contributor

I'm going to make a very general statement (knowing full well that there are exceptions to every rule), but I think most "normal" people say "no" when asked if they'd like to speak on air.  It seems most often it's the inarticulate crowd who manages to get through; then they gush on about how many things they have from the Q, how long "they've been a member" (whatever that means), how much they love the host, and how funny that host is, and how their credit card is going to blow up, how the UPS truck drives to their door on its own, yadda, yadda, yadda.... 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been asked if I would like to speak onthe air and lways answer no thanks.

However, I was asked if I wanted to speak to Manuela from Isomers on Evine {or whatever they are calling themselves thee days} and I jumped at the chance. I am sooooooo glad I found the line and had a few questions about certain products.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure that would be legal.

🤔😕

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••