Trusted Contributor

Re: ARE YOU GOING? I would love to go.

Not jewelry shopping, anywhere, right now, but that bracelet that appears to have green and pink stones, looks like it might be very pretty. 

I dropped off a 14k chain, to have a catch replaced, at a local jeweler, yesterday.   They had gemstone tennis bracelets, in silver, not sure of the carat weight,,but they weren't large. $450, and the gemstones, were not expensive; citrine, amythest, blue topaz, peridot, the ones you often see. 

The bracelets were lovely, the price, not so much💜

Esteemed Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

Not jewelry shopping, anywhere, right now, but that bracelet that appears to have green and pink stones, looks like it might be very pretty. 

I dropped off a 14k chain, to have a catch replaced, at a local jeweler, yesterday.   They had gemstone tennis bracelets, in silver, not sure of the carat weight,,but they weren't large. $450, and the gemstones, were not expensive; citrine, amythest, blue topaz, peridot, the ones you often see. 

The bracelets were lovely, the price, not so much💜

Lisa stated that the colors of the gemstones, I think they are tanzanite, apatite, colors of tourmaline and citrine.  She didn't list the colors of the tourmaline though...but they are all pretty.

Jewelry stores, IMO, are much more expensive than say HSN or QVC.  They do not get the quantity of pieces in jewelry so they have to charge more.  Still, for 8 carats.....I do not think that is a great price.

Contributor

I've never seen a post deleted but I understand from some of the regulars that is what happens. Sad!

Honored Contributor

If those are the actual bracelets, I'd have zero interest in stones that pale - at any price.  Tanzanite that pale isn't desirable tanzanite. Very pale spessartite - just google images of the stone. Same with the tourmaline. The desired, valuable colors of all the stones are much more vivid than what is offered in Lisa's bracelets.

But people will buy them simply because it's Lisa who is selling them and for no other reason. Unless they like washed-out, mediocre quality stones.

Yes, people believe it's Lisa herself posting everything because that's what Lisa wants everyone to believe - so of course they do. Whatever Lisa asks of the Tribe, they deliver. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just did a quick google for tanzanite bracelets in sterling silver and most having better color.  Found several:

one for 13ct for $239.99;

one for 16ct for $179.99;

one for 14ct and .5 diamonds for $171.99;

one fo 6 3/5ct & diamond accents for $109.99;

one for 25 5/8ct for $232.99.

There were lots more in various interesting designs but I stopped there.  Didn't see any with zircon.  Didn't bother with the other stones which are pretty mediocre and one could find way better on the web.

I wonder why LR is asking $339 for 8ct. of pale tanzanite in an ordinary line bracelet?  Must be the black rhodium tipped prongs and because LR says she wants it irrationally, she's going layer it and never take it off.  Didn't say which one, mostly likely all of them because she likes to pile on the accessories.

Super Contributor

She's asking the Tribe to plunk a lot of money on their credit cards! Yikes...and no easy pay!
Super Contributor

Is there somewhere one can read reviews of this LR line of jewelry other than having to sift through tons of mushy babble on her FB page?  If a piece is suddently becomes available again is that because she got more inventory or were there some returns?  After all LR doesn't announce that suddenly there's more of something for those on waitlist.  At least on a shopping channel or website you get a countdown for how many are available.  On the LR website It's all so covert, ya know what I mean.