Honored Contributor

Re: ARE WE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE NOT RECEIVED A STIMULUS CHECK?

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't think everyone gets one.  I didn't get one.

My daughter said my investments made too much money so I won't be getting one.

She takes care of keeping track of gathering up info for the accountants, so she'd know.

Doesn't bother me as long as it goes to the people who deserve it.

@Annabellethecat66 It has nothing to do with assets or investments.  You could have millions...it does have to do however with income.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't think everyone gets one.  I didn't get one.

My daughter said my investments made too much money so I won't be getting one.

She takes care of keeping track of gathering up info for the accountants, so she'd know.

Doesn't bother me as long as it goes to the people who deserve it.

@Annabellethecat66 It has nothing to do with assets or investments.  You could have millions...it does have to do however with income.

No @haddon9  Annabellethecat is correct. If your investments generate large returns, they have to be included in paying your taxes and are considered income. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
DH says some things from govt will say “ not to be forwarded, return to sender”...maybe that could have happened.

We never got a letter telling us our check was coming.  But then again, it would have been forwarded to us.  There is an option on the site that was posted here for the forwarded mail that was not received.  We are heading back north soon and will look into more when things aren't so hectic with packing and all.  I don't have time to wait on the phone for hours. LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

I didn't get one. I've been waiting for it.  But still nothing.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Mominohio Maybe he doesn't know how to check for it.  It's very easy.  Just go to Get my Payment on the IRS website and he should be able to get the status.

I directed him that way @Linmo . He's 24 and brilliant, but lazy about some things. If he gets into his mind that he isn't going to do something, even if it is to his benefit, he simply doesn't do it. He moved twice last year before buying a home, and I don't think he kept up with address changes with the PO (he would be getting a paper check, and I even told him when they announced how to change from a paper check to an electronic if you wanted to). 

He frustrates me! LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote: @Annabellethecat66 

I don't think it has anything to do with income or assets that you have. @Annabellethecat

I guess if you are a tax paying American citizen, you deserve it.  Needing it is another thing altogether.

My son didn't get one. He's single and his income is too high.   https://feeds.aarp.org/money/taxes/info-2020/economic-stimulus-payment-status.html?_amp=true Reasons you aren't eligible for a stimulus payment

Your income is too high. A big reason you won't qualify for a stimulus payment (or economic-impact payment, as the IRS calls it) is that you make too much money. You won't get a stimulus check if your adjusted gross income (AGI) is greater than:

• $99,000, if your filing status was single or married and filing separately
  • $136,500 for head of household
  • $198,000, if your filing status was married and filing jointly

Your AGI is based on what's reported on your 2019 federal tax return or, if you haven't filed yet, your 2018 return. If you were required to file a tax return in 2018 and 2019 but didn't, you'll need to file one to determine your eligibility. (If you are among those who typically aren't required to file tax returns due to income levels, check more detailed information on how you can claim your stimulus payment.)

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Trusted Contributor

@femmebot What a mess.  My sister-in-law is also listed as a dependant an her daughter's return and funny thing is she did get a stimulus check.  Go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

Don't want to go too far off track, but I know some here received $$ they shouldn't have (deceased spouse or relative).  What is happening in those cases?  I know Treasury wants the money back.  Is it the "honor system" or are they contacting people and asking for it?

@esmerelda 

I don't think they are contacting anyone. It's the honor system, especially for the rich ones they sent it to.

@proudlyfromNJ  Rich businesses or individuals?  If individuals, define "rich."  There WAS an income cutoff.  Otherwise, if they are wrong about something, they are only as wrong as those I mentioned in my post.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

According to my son, he hasn't gotten one yet either. He doesn't seem interested in digging to find out why either. Not my kid! LOL

@Mominohio  If he hasn't been financially affected by the virus and closures, you should be proud of him.

He actually lost his second job during the time restaurants were closed, but didn't qualify for unemployment (still had his full time job, but hours were cut there too a couple of weeks), and because he bought a house just days before they closed so many things in our state, he really could use the money. 

I'm actually not proud of him for not seeking out his check. He works around the clock, two and three jobs, and always has.  He lost a lot of income during this event. He pays more than his fair share of taxes and deserves to get some of it back. He is just being too lazy to pursue it. I'm never proud of lazy.

@Mominohio  Well...what can I say?  He's your son.  You raised him (?) and know him better than I do.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Don't want to go too far off track, but I know some here received $$ they shouldn't have (deceased spouse or relative).  What is happening in those cases?  I know Treasury wants the money back.  Is it the "honor system" or are they contacting people and asking for it?

@esmerelda my MIL passed away in October 2019, she got 1200.00 and I sent it back in May and it finally cleared the bank today.

Oh by the way.. she was far from being rich.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee