Honored Contributor

Re: ARE WE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE NOT RECEIVED A STIMULUS CHECK?

DH says some things from govt will say “ not to be forwarded, return to sender”...maybe that could have happened.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

According to my son, he hasn't gotten one yet either. He doesn't seem interested in digging to find out why either. Not my kid! LOL

@Mominohio  If he hasn't been financially affected by the virus and closures, you should be proud of him.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Don't want to go too far off track, but I know some here received $$ they shouldn't have (deceased spouse or relative).  What is happening in those cases?  I know Treasury wants the money back.  Is it the "honor system" or are they contacting people and asking for it?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Don't want to go too far off track, but I know some here received $$ they shouldn't have (deceased spouse or relative).  What is happening in those cases?  I know Treasury wants the money back.  Is it the "honor system" or are they contacting people and asking for it?

@esmerelda 

I don't think they are contacting anyone. It's the honor system, especially for the rich ones they sent it to.

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@esmerelda  They are supposed to send it back.  Not sure what will happen if they don't.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

According to my son, he hasn't gotten one yet either. He doesn't seem interested in digging to find out why either. Not my kid! LOL

@Mominohio  If he hasn't been financially affected by the virus and closures, you should be proud of him.

He actually lost his second job during the time restaurants were closed, but didn't qualify for unemployment (still had his full time job, but hours were cut there too a couple of weeks), and because he bought a house just days before they closed so many things in our state, he really could use the money. 

I'm actually not proud of him for not seeking out his check. He works around the clock, two and three jobs, and always has.  He lost a lot of income during this event. He pays more than his fair share of taxes and deserves to get some of it back. He is just being too lazy to pursue it. I'm never proud of lazy.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio Maybe he doesn't know how to check for it.  It's very easy.  Just go to Get my Payment on the IRS website and he should be able to get the status.

Respected Contributor

one friend never got his!

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

I don't think it has anything to do with income or assets that you have. @Annabellethecat66   

I guess if you are a tax paying American citizen, you deserve it.  Needing it is another thing altogether.

Yes, it does have to do with income. If your income exceeds the limits set, you don't qualify to receive one. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

QVC Customer Care