Esteemed Contributor

ARE WE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE NOT RECEIVED A STIMULUS CHECK?

DH and I have never received a check.  I just wondered if there are still others that haven't yet received theirs. Maybe ours got lost in the process of forwarding our mail.  Is there a way to trace it?  Our tax guy looked it up for us and it said that a check was mailed 5/22 to our northern address.  We have all our mail forwarded down here.  It has never shown up.  Called the northern post office and they said they were forwarding everything.

I am thinking that we are out of luck.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: ARE WE THE ONLY ONES THAT HAVE NOT RECEIVED A STIMULUS CHECK?

According to my son, he hasn't gotten one yet either. He doesn't seem interested in digging to find out why either. Not my kid! LOL

Respected Contributor

Are you aware that some people have been receiving debit cards? The envelopes are nondescript and a lot of people have thrown them away thinking it’s junk mail.

Esteemed Contributor

With proof a check was mailed to you (your tax guy).....I would suspect whatever happened - might of happened - when your mail was being forwarded from point A to point B.

Can tax guy or lawyer contact IRS and request a copy of the check(s) if they were cashed?

I just heard there was a delay in some people getting their refunds - but assume that was about April 15 being moved to mid July due to virus.

Sticky fingers have been known to pick up a piece of mail........

Valued Contributor

Not sure if it is still so but at one time any government checks were not forwarded but returned to the IRS.  You may want to check with them.

Respected Contributor

I agree with @kitty60   

Maybe you could file a change of address form with the IRS?  The IRS website says “However, even when you notify the USPS, not all post offices forward government checks, so you should still notify us.”  

Honored Contributor

I also thought post office can’t forward government checks. I remember it being stated on the envelope not to forward, return to sender.
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs 

I haven't received my check either.  And the IRS site also shows mine sent same date as yours, May 22 !

Esteemed Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

Are you aware that some people have been receiving debit cards? The envelopes are nondescript and a lot of people have thrown them away thinking it’s junk mail.

Yes, I am , @tucsongal .  I open everything.  It said that we were mailed a check on 5/22 not a VISA card.  Not sure what to think.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions

Why your "tax guy" did not refer you to the above is beyond me.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif