Frequent Contributor

I have a question: Is the replica of the arch of Baal still in NYC? If it is, WHY would we want something like that that represents such horrific sacrifices anywhere in the US?

Respected Contributor

I had to google this as I have never heard of it.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

I just googled it too but it said it was in Washington D.C. Weird that they would put up something like this, I can't imagine a good reason for it

Trusted Contributor

It is a reminder of that even though the arch and many artifacts where destroyed by Isis the spirit has not been destroyed.

That arch has been reproduced all over

Honored Contributor

lots of information on the website SNOPES regarding this.

While it is true replicas of Palmyra’s Temple of Baal arch were planned for temporary display in New York and London, the project solely involves reproducing the structure’s arch and not creating a functional building. The project was tweaked for its London incarnation, and put on hold indefinitely in New York. However, interest in reproducing the demolished antiquity remained archeological in nature, not religious.

On 19 September 2016, the Palmyra arch was unveiled in City Hall Park in Manhattan for a one-week long installation. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

My point exactly! Why would we want that kind of spirit HERE??

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a religious link.

Honored Contributor

Museums contain artifacts from all sorts of pagan cultures with all sorts of practices and sacrifices. Aztecs, ancient Egyptians, Minoans.... Art and artifacts do not contain spirits unless you believe in said spirits. I would recommend that none of us put our faith in Baal or Zeus or Ra or Bull gods at the moment.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

One would assume that an image of a pagan "deity" would find an appropriate home in Washington D.C.

----------------------------

@Ladybug724 wrote:

I just googled it too but it said it was in Washington D.C. Weird that they would put up something like this, I can't imagine a good reason for it

Honored Contributor

Oh Brother! Woman Frustrated

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson