Honored Contributor

Re: APRIL the Giraffe is HAVING HER BABY!

I am hoping the camera will still be up on the day baby goes outside, would love to see his reaction.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Me too! The send-off tomorrow afternoon may be too sad for me to watch!

Love the cards - too cute!Heart

BTW, the other giraffe baby pic was a cutie too, even if it wasn't April's!

I enjoyed seeing it!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

I was going to search for videos for this or Jordan weighing the baby boy, but have not done so yet.

I check in a few times per day but usually miss the "action."

Someone online yesterday (in FB comments) asked to arrange donating a 5'x5' scale to AAP! 

Isnt that wonderful?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom

I think the picture I posted in error was a case of "fake news!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@mousiegirl

I was going to search for videos for this or Jordan weighing the baby boy, but have not done so yet.

I check in a few times per day but usually miss the "action."

Someone online yesterday (in FB comments) asked to arrange donating a 5'x5' scale to AAP! 

Isnt that wonderful?

That is great - they can use it! I watched DH do this a couple of times in the past with "squirmy" patients. He will get on the scale, the tech records his weight, then he gets on again holding the (usually) four legged patient. 

I don't think he has done this that often. I can only imagine trying to get a baby giraffe to hold still to stand on a box! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

Baby looks perplexed when April won't let him nurse, but guess she knows the reason, lol.  I have seen this over and over.  Maybe she thinks he's had enough, or not enough milk is present.  He's growing so guess he is getting enough, only he and his mom know.

Honored Contributor

In tonight's Live Chat, everyone is saying thank you and good bye   It's sad.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I love this pic. I don't think anyone has posted it yet!

Honored Contributor

I'm going to miss them all so much! But I have so enjoyed the journey with them.

Everytime I look at each of them, I think, Is April not the most beautiful, sweetest giraffe I've ever seen?! And Is Oliver not the cutest, and that baby-just want to squeeze him and kiss the top of his little head and ears.

And I have loved watching Oliver and his and April's baby nuzzle each other through the slatsSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I wish they would keep the camera up for just a little while each day, but I guess it would be too hard for them to select a specific time. DD asked why not, since they've obviously made a lot of money. But they want to get things back to "their normal routine," which is not what we would like. I can understand why. But I'll sure miss saying goodnight to them! Smiley Sad