Honored Contributor

Re: AOL: Was Camilla Behind William's and Kate's Breakup?

[ Edited ]

How do the English people over look the damage done to Diana...I've never understood the whole phenomenon of the English Crown...but then I'm American and tend to believe that if you worship an entity/person/system, it requires worthiness of that status.  Being herded and following like blind sheep is not an admirable quality in this country.

Respected Contributor

I think the author is just trying to hype things up to sell her book.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

@VAbelle wrote:

These three need to just 'step down' and let Wm and Kate have the thrown.   Period!

Image result for animated of camilla parker

Thrown, what?

Do you mean t-h-r-o-a-n????

Esteemed Contributor

First, and foremost, it is the duty of the next in line, to produce heirs.

Even though William fell in love with and married Kate, it was their duty to produce and heir and a spare to continue the line.

When George grows up, he too will be expected to settle down, and produce an heir and a spare.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@VAbelle wrote:

These three need to just 'step down' and let Wm and Kate have the thrown.   Period!

Image result for animated of camilla parker

Thrown, what?

Do you mean t-h-r-o-a-n????

I suspect she meant t-h-r-o-n-e.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

This stuff used to frustrate my British Mother to no end....  she used to say that nothing but this kind of fiction sells.  And If I had a nickle for every time I've read "The Dying Queen Elizabeth"..... in our press here I'd be a very rich woman!

Unless the Queen formally directs the succession to skip Charles.... he's the next in line. I've read a lot of rumors/fiction regarding this but nothing concrete to suggest the Queen has formally and permanently skipped her son in favor of her Grandson.....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I hadn't heard of the book, but it seems like one of those unauthorized bios like the ones Kitty Kelly used to write. There might be a grain of truth interspersed with a bushel of lies and innuendos. I am no Camilla fan, nor am I a Charles fan, but I have not heard that William and Kate have ANY issues with her.

Respected Contributor

from what I have read it was Charles, even though he liked Kate, told William to let her go if he was not ready to commit...................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

I have a cyber friend in London. She told me Camilla is really a charming person, and was well regarded by both Di's sons. I have read this before. I don't know if its the case, but it well could be

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have a cyber friend in London. She told me Camilla is really a charming person, and was well regarded by both Di's sons. I have read this before. I don't know if its the case, but it well could be

Yes, I also have heard that both William and Harry get along fine with Camilla.