Trusted Contributor

Re: AOL: Was Camilla Behind William's and Kate's Breakup?

First, if Charles had been allowed to marry a commoner, he would have picked Camilla first since she was the one he loved. Second, the queen can't just pick her successor. Charles is next in line, the only way William would be king is if Charles died, or relinquished the throne. Next, Camilla and Kate will never be called princess because neither one has royal blood. Diana was only princess Diana because she had royal blood. The English people actual like Camilla, it's the Americans who dislike her.

Trusted Contributor

Which Palace is Kate going to get in her settlement?  Kensington?  Cow-Milla is such a troublemaker.  (Joke). 

Camilla was a very attractive 20-something way back when.

Honored Contributor

IMG_3543.JPGIMG_3544.JPGI'm thinkin' "very attractive" is subjective.

IMG_3538.JPG

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

At least she had "good hair"...Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

At least she had "good hair"...Woman LOL

And lots of money to insure it was kept up well ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

Camilla looks like a 'young' thinner Adelle in those earlier photos.  (No offense to Adelle).   Glad you dug those up to share!  @Moonchilde

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I thought Charles had no chance to be king anyway. I thought the queen had chosen William as her successor? Is that not so?

@Irshgrl31201

I wouldn't worry about it . . . Queen Elizabeth is never going to die.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

SO I guess Charles was supposed to be in love with Diana because she was so pretty and not love Camilla because she is not?  Rather shallow thinking isn't it?

@KathyPet

Pretty, not pretty, no matter to me.  

But, Charles was 32, when he proposed to Diana who was 19 & he had known Camilla for a very long time.  Why didn't he just wait and marry Camilla, surely he must have known his feelings; instead he actively persued Diana not vice versa.  

I'm romantic enough to think you're supposed to marry the one you love.  Though I know in the case of royal matches that is not always the case.

Drythe...Camilla was too old to produce children,  Diana was 19,  a very sad story,  I wonder how Diana's boys really feel about their father.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

IMG_3543.JPGIMG_3544.JPGI'm thinkin' "very attractive" is subjective.

IMG_3538.JPG

She looks very ordinary with bad teeth.  Yet, obviously there was chemistry between her and Charles that over rode propiety.  The queen seems to accept and like Camilla whereas her relationship with Diana seemed strained.  This could have been influenced by her knowledge of Charle's choice to remain faithful to Camilla throughout his marriage...just so sad for Diana.

Honored Contributor

@VAbelle wrote:

Camilla looks like a 'young' thinner Adelle in those earlier photos.  (No offense to Adelle).   Glad you dug those up to share!  @Moonchilde

Adelle MUCH more attractive than Camilla...and I'm sure more personable.