Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE USE STANLEY STEEMER??

Yes, about ten years ago I had them clean the upholstery on my couch and clean my carpets, too. They did a pretty good job on both. I hired them a second time to do my carpets and it cost me a lot more than I wanted to spend. So now I have been using a local family-owned cleaner and they do a very good job for less than half the cost of what SS was charging me. IMO SS is nothing special. Around here they have a LOT of competition from locally owned businesses.

Honored Contributor

We use local people. We've been with one company for several years. We pay a bit more, but they really know what they're doing. The carpet is barely damp when they leave.

At one point, we were using a company that does dry type cleaning. It really didn't do a thorought job, and I am also convinced that it left a residue.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Yes, I have had them clean our carpets.  Once.  No way would I ever have them back again.  They did a horrible job and one of the men kept pressuring me to have my furniture cleaned.  By the time they left the house, I was a wreck.  They also charged more than the originally quoted.  We found a local service that cleans carpet and they are fantastic.  No more Stanley Steemer.

Respected Contributor

Had them to clean the carpets several years ago and never again.  They did a horrible job.

Contributor

used them once and never again. the worst part was the drainage on my front lawn from the cleaning!  i had a river of dirty water running down the front of my house to the street. also tried to upsell and I refused to pay more than the quote.  i moved all the small furniture and vacuumed myself first.  they really just came in and steam cleaned with so-so results.

Super Contributor

We've used them twice and have been pleased with the results both times. The first time it had rained very hard and our family room rug got soaked. They "sucked"up the water and the rug looked great.

Esteemed Contributor

I never used them because their prices were always high. Go to Yelp and check out carpet cleaning people/companies. I did that and found a guy who works for himself --- cleaned my carpet several times - and just steam-vacuumed my sofa and 3 club chairs. He also uses non-toxic products and uses that giant hose attached to his van.

Honored Contributor

we have been using them for a number of years now.

we have them come in two to three times a year.

they always do an excellent job and the carpets dry quickly. they are very friendly and usually work in a pair so the job gets done pretty quickly.

make sure to check online for coupon codes.....there are almost always some available.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

We used them 2 time's on a rental property we owned, tenant's left the carpet's filthy (after only being there 1year). I really thought we were going to have to replace them.  Stanley Steemer did a beautiful job on the carpet's, I was amazed they were able to get all the stain's out. 

Honored Contributor

@graciesmom1 wrote:

used them once and never again. the worst part was the drainage on my front lawn from the cleaning!  i had a river of dirty water running down the front of my house to the street. also tried to upsell and I refused to pay more than the quote.  i moved all the small furniture and vacuumed myself first.  they really just came in and steam cleaned with so-so results.

They burnt our front lawn where the steam hose was laying.