Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE OWN A PERSONAL SPACE COOLER?

I have an evaporative cooler that cools my whole house very inexpensively.   In order to operate it must have a dry climate because it depends on evaporation and you don't get that when it's humid.  They are basically a fan that blows air through something that is water-soaked which cools the air.  My big cooler uses pads made of Aspen wood.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Hi! I didn't buy this brand but another brand from Amazon for my office at work. It has a tray in the back that I put cold water into or ice into and it really does cool the area around my desk. It keeps me comfortable when the sun is beating into the windows.

Honored Contributor

I just pulled up the website and instruction manual and it says cooling in more humid temps will be limited. I guess that goes without saying, but then I'm not sure it makes sense for me. I believe it said it works best when humidity is 60% or below... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional

My hubby said the same thing about a swamp cooler, he lied in AZ for about 10 years. My kitchen is timy, maybe 4 feet wide by 6 or 8 feet long

@ms traditional wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

The reviews on Bed Bath and Beyond are better than on Amazon, I think I am going to try one, my kitchen is close to 80 degrees most of the Summer

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

RE:    V35575

I came across this yesterday after the presentation .... never heard of this and there are no reviews.   

I wonder if anyone here has one of these?   If so, can you share some details?

TIA!

it is not super powerful, i need to tell you.  it works like a swamp cooler, using evaporation of water. i found if i used early in the day when things were cool, it would do a fairly good job of keeping temperature in a small area in that range during the day..  i anticipated heat.  it is not as good turning it on and expecting it to cool an area down.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

I just pulled up the website and instruction manual and it says cooling in more humid temps will be limited. I guess that goes without saying, but then I'm not sure it makes sense for me. I believe it said it works best when humidity is 60% or below... 

@stevieb  i am in Southern California and it is usually pretty dry here. so i speak from that vantage point

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@ms traditional

My hubby said the same thing about a swamp cooler, he lied in AZ for about 10 years. My kitchen is timy, maybe 4 feet wide by 6 or 8 feet long

@ms traditional wrote:

it is not super powerful, i need to tell you.  it works like a swamp cooler, using evaporation of water. i found if i used early in the day when things were cool, it would do a fairly good job of keeping temperature in a small area in that range during the day..  i anticipated heat.  it is not as good turning it on and expecting it to cool an area down.

@I am still oxox  it will cool an area in that room - like maybe set it on the table if you want to be cool there.  it's not going to a/c the whole room.