Honored Contributor

Yes. I probably iron four times a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't ironed in years.  A damp washcloth and dewrinkle setting on dryer does it.  I would iron clothes years ago for work and by the time I sat in the car with a seatbelt on you would never know it.

DD irons when sewing but nothing else.

51 years ago my grandmother was visiting for the weekend.  I came back from the store and she was ironing DH white jockey undies. Nope, I don't do it and neither are you. Took the rest, folded them and put them away.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pezzie  For clothes, it's still a deal breaker for me. However, since I retired I have rediscovered the pleasures of ironing. Here's my dirty little secret. If I'm ironing, DH thinks I'm working and won't judge. So, I can watch TV while looking busy. I iron all the guest room sheets and pillow cases and all the table runners and tablecloths. When I was little, I ironed for my mother. It was very satisfying making a neat package from a messy one. Kind of like mowing the lawn.

Honored Contributor

Wow, interesting comments.   Who has the time to iron?   Woman Surprised

No, I haven't ironed in years for a very simple reason ....  I won't buy anything that needs ironing.  Yes, I own suits and dressy outfits that must be dry cleaned and pressed, but that's it,   

I once considered buying a Rowenta steamer, but didn't think I'd ever use it often enough to justify the cost.   

Esteemed Contributor

Before my dh started working from home due to Covid, I would iron his shirts if they needed it. I haven't ironed since sometime in March.

Its not a deal breaker for me, but I think I iron more in the fall and winter. I have more fall/winter clothes that need ironed.

Valued Contributor

We hire someone to clean our house and to iron.  

Ok...I had a dream that we did.  

No ironing here unless a very important event requires us to be perfect as in neat as a pin.  

Respected Contributor

I used to iron every weekend while I worked. Now, not so much. Thankfully.

Respected Contributor

anything that has to be ironed is a deal breaker for me Smiley Wink i dont iron and dont have an iron and i never personally ever have had one. i do have a clothes steamer that i need to try out lol.

Esteemed Contributor

In the past, if an item looked wrinkled on the hanger at the store, I'd likely pass on it because it seemed like it might be high maintenance.

Now that I own a Rowenta ironing is not a big chore to me, so I don't mind it like I used to.

If an item easily wrinkles, I might let that affect my review of the item, especially if it's one that claims to be wrinkle free.  I've bought a few "wrinkle free" items in the past that weren't, so I think I'd comment about that in a review if given the opportunity because it seems like false advertising.

Regular Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Wow, interesting comments.   Who has the time to iron?   Woman Surprised

No, I haven't ironed in years for a very simple reason ....  I won't buy anything that needs ironing.  Yes, I own suits and dressy outfits that must be dry cleaned and pressed, but that's it,   

I once considered buying a Rowenta steamer, but didn't think I'd ever use it often enough to justify the cost.   

Who has the time for anything? Cooking, exercise, etc.

If it's important you find the time has been my experience.