Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE HERE STILL WEARING LIPSTICK?

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I got an email this morning from Ebay .... I have an active search going for a discontinued lipstick I'd like more of ....  and realized I haven't worn lipstick since I started wearing masks.   Just a little clear lip balm, but no colored gloss or lipstick.

Is anyone here wearing lipstick under their masks?  Doesn't it make the mask soiled ... or is there a good trick to removing it?  

Mask   Mask   Mask

I 've had the same question. Thanks for asking . I am one who always used to wear lipstick , however since wearing a mask I've given up wearing any makeup except for some eyebrow wax. I have oodles of makeup just sitting around , some of which was  purchased just before the pandemic .  I don't know who would be buying makeup now , unless it was priced at a discount ....

Esteemed Contributor

@nickycat wrote:

Here is a good idea my sister gave me. I line my mask with gauze

Good idea   ! Atleast 3 layers is needed  in the masks to be  effective . Most cloth masks  or stretch knit ones  are probably not effective at all as they are single layered  . So many miss this important point.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I work everyday so I wear lipstick everyday.  I don't have to wear a mask in work unless I see a client.  When I have to put my mask on, I just take a tissue and wipe my lipstick off, if I remember.  Sometimes I forget and slap the mask on.

I wear full make-up so my mask is soiled everyday.  Something or other from my make-up rubs off.  I have quite a number of masks so the soiled one goes home to be washed and hung to dry.

Honored Contributor

I have found my lips to be very dry as I haven’t been wearing lipgloss/lipstick. Well just this week I decided I’m wearing lip products in the house, all by my lonesome! I have on Josie’s lipgloss with argon oil, my lips feel better already.

Valued Contributor

I see no reason for me to stop wearing lipstick/lip stain/tinted balm, whatever. because of Covid and masks. I am mostly at home and have always worn color on my lips applying it when I get up in the morning and using Korres lip butter or similar at night when I go to bed. I belong to a family whose women always wear lipstick. My mom hated the no lipstick, clear gloss thing that I wore back in the day (you look like death warmed over!) and even bought me my first colored lip balm.

My masks are all cotton and are washed when I return home from my occasional trip into the world of people and virus. Dawn dishwashing liquid does a terrific job removing any trace of makeup on my masks. I hang them outside in the sun to dry (hot as H*** here in PHX lately).  

Honored Contributor

I don't wear lipstick when I go out because of the mask, but sometimes I'll put some on at home and at as a little perk me up! How times have changed. 

Honored Contributor

I wear lipstick in the house.  I think it makes my dog happy 💋

Husband doesn't notice.

Honored Contributor

I have a lip tint but do not wear it now. 

I do use a lip balm now under the mask but I always wear lip balm in the house.

I haven't worn regular lipstick in a very long time anyway.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

The mask fogs up my glasses-for-driving, so I drive without the mask, putting it on only when I leave the car. So I do still use lipsticks.  Mine come right off the mask in the wash.  Using just a lip pencil, I haven't had anything showing up on the mask.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I wear lipstick in the house.  I think it makes my dog happy 💋

Husband doesn't notice.

@tansy   LOL

Genetics.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh