Respected Contributor

Re: ANY MAIL DELIVERY PROBLEMS BY YOU?

We sometimes don't get a bill here and there.  The postal service needs workers of yester-year.

Basically we get the mail but yes, it's spotty.  It's the way things are going.

The "way of the world" now.

Honored Contributor

No for me.  I live in the suburbs of Chicago.  Never had any problems when I was in quarantine.  The post offices throughout the U.s. had to make changes when the virus first arrived in the U.S.  Your post office may have different help or not enough help -- something is going on.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

We have had crappy mail service here in North Texas for years. It is the norm. They just raised the price of postage....to no avail. Some days we get mail...some days we don't. And sometimes we get mail for someone else....it's an adventure. Complaining at the post office makes me feel better... it doesn't change anything.

Honored Contributor

Our main complaint is mail takes longer to get to us and then back out to someone else. This is especially frustrating with bill payments. The monthly bill from one particular company is coming so late that's there's little time to mail it back by the due date. I have started paying that one online. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After reading all these posts, I realize that the delivery is spotty from coast to coast and in between as well . It's a real mess for many.

I wonder if the post office should cease delivering on weekends? Funny enough, didn't receive mail for a few days during the week, and got  mail on a few Sundays. Must have been extremely early, since I never saw mail carrier.

Honored Contributor

We do get packages delivered on Sunday.  I will give it that to USPS.  But overall.....mail delivery is not good. Out state is right next to D.C. and they have the worst mail delivery out of the 50 states.  One reason I get mail so infrequently.

Esteemed Contributor

Only when my regular carrier has his days off.  Then no mail.

Contributor

Honored Contributor

I mailed a check, from the post office, for a medical bill on 9/2 from the post office and as far as I know it hasn't been received because it's still not showing up on the checking account as being paid.  

I could be wrong but I highly doubt that it's being held to be deposited with a bunch of other checks.

The only reason I didn't pay it on line was because it was a one-time bill and I didn't think it was necessary to add it to the banks on line bill pay service.  Lesson learned.

Valued Contributor

Too many to mention.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.