Trusted Contributor

CNN has a very lengthy article on Airbnb that is worth a read.  It certainly is eye opening.  I have never used them and prefer to stick to hotels.  At the very least I don't have a list of clean up duties, prior to checking out. 

Here is a small excerpt from the article.  I didn't link the article, as I don't think that's allowed.  However,  you can fo a search to read the entire article.

IMG_2001.png

Esteemed Contributor

We've used airbnb a few times. Always a nice experience but now...YIKES!!!!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Full article, photos & videos can be found.........

cnn.com/2024/07/09/business/airbnb-hidden-camera-invs/index.html

@Pezzie  you can post "non-clickable" links so others can cut-copy/paste into the browser search bar on their own.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Me and my daughter stayed in one when we vacationed in Scotland.  They would be bored taping us!

Respected Contributor

Gosh, these hidden AIRBnB cameras were hidden inside the Smoke Detector, inside Night Stand Radio/Clock & inside even in Electrical plugs.  From what I could see, they were totally hidden.  I dont see how anyone would even be able to guess where they were.   Go figure.  

On one interview, the hidden camera recorded one husband & his wife intimately together.  Yikes.  Supposedly, hidden cameras in the bedroom are illegal.  who knows.

Honored Contributor

WOW!😮 I have used ABNB's several times, and NEVER considered this but it has been in the news lately, so I will DEFINITELY be more mindful the next time I need one!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE 💖

Trusted Contributor

Yet another reason I will never use this "service." Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Any hotel or motel can do the same thing and has.

Honored Contributor

And when the customer alerted AirBnB, they didn't contact law enforcement, but did contact the host who can then eliminate the evidence.  

Honored Contributor

Airbnb's are NOT for people like me.  When I am on vacay, I want to be "catered" to.....room service, housekeeping, etc.  Otherwise, if I am cleaning up after myself, cooking, etc., I might as well have stayed hone!

I can live out of a suitcase in a hotel or cruise ship anywhere in the world.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif