Honored Contributor

Re: AMERICAN ANDREW BRUNSON MAY BE ON THE VERGE OF BEING FREED

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

The BBC is reporting that the pastor who has been imprisoned and then detained on house arrest for two years in Turkey, may soon be freed to return to America.

His arrest happened after an attempted coup attempt in Turkey in 2016, when a broad swath of people were targeted by authorities as having some kind of involvement.  Many believe there was no basis for the suspicion, and the long time supporters of Andrew Brunson have worked to bring his plight to the world.

Brunson, 50, pastored a tiny church in the country at the time of his arrest.  Now, during his trial, some of the "witnesses" against him have withdrawn their statements, and experts say there are signs that he may go free, provided certain face-saving measures are in place for the Turkish government.

Very hopeful for this fine individual, and also, it's exciting when the unjustly accused and those imprisoned because of their speech or beliefs are let go.  World, let's see more of that, please!

Hmmm...

Up comes that whole pesky burden of proof and witnesses to corroborate thing. 

Guess it only matters in certain circumstances. 

Hope he is freed soon.

I don't think the Turkish justice system operates like the American justice system regarding burden of proof etc.

Good to see he will be released.

@Ms tyrion2  Unfortunately some in this country forget that little fact. Not all accused in this country are afforded that right.

@Cakers3.

People who are actually on trial are afforded that fact. A trial with witnesses, evidence and time to interview all witnesses. You know, a trial.

Not like an oh, let me see...a job interview.

@Ms tyrion2  No.  That right extends to all of us outside of a court.  Words can hurt and destroy people.  You know this.

Accusations without substantial facts can ruin lives.  Be it in court, in the workplace, in private lives.  Even in job interviews.

The hysteria around the job interview hurt more than helped the cause.  And I'll be darned if the men in my family will every face an accusation without facts.

Ever.

I'm done with this, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Oznell wrote:

The BBC is reporting that the pastor who has been imprisoned and then detained on house arrest for two years in Turkey, may soon be freed to return to America.

His arrest happened after an attempted coup attempt in Turkey in 2016, when a broad swath of people were targeted by authorities as having some kind of involvement.  Many believe there was no basis for the suspicion, and the long time supporters of Andrew Brunson have worked to bring his plight to the world.

Brunson, 50, pastored a tiny church in the country at the time of his arrest.  Now, during his trial, some of the "witnesses" against him have withdrawn their statements, and experts say there are signs that he may go free, provided certain face-saving measures are in place for the Turkish government.

Very hopeful for this fine individual, and also, it's exciting when the unjustly accused and those imprisoned because of their speech or beliefs are let go.  World, let's see more of that, please!

Hmmm...

Up comes that whole pesky burden of proof and witnesses to corroborate thing. 

Guess it only matters in certain circumstances. 

Hope he is freed soon.

I don't think the Turkish justice system operates like the American justice system regarding burden of proof etc.

Good to see he will be released.

@Ms tyrion2  Unfortunately some in this country forget that little fact. Not all accused in this country are afforded that right.

@Cakers3.

People who are actually on trial are afforded that fact. A trial with witnesses, evidence and time to interview all witnesses. You know, a trial.

Not like an oh, let me see...a job interview.

@Ms tyrion2  No.  That right extends to all of us outside of a court.  Words can hurt and destroy people.  You know this.

Accusations without substantial facts can ruin lives.  Be it in court, in the workplace, in private lives.  Even in job interviews.

The hysteria around the job interview hurt more than helped the cause.  And I'll be darned if the men in my family will every face an accusation without facts.

Ever.

I'm done with this, too.

Rushed decisions made without benefit of full investigation make for very, very bad consequences. Tying the hands of investigators compounds the problem.

You know  this.

Respected Contributor

Image result for eye roll gif