Respected Contributor

Re: AMERICAN ANDREW BRUNSON MAY BE ON THE VERGE OF BEING FREED

Ambassador Grenell meets Pastor Brunson upon arrival in Germany and presents him with an American flag.  Here is the pastor's reaction:

image.png

Honored Contributor

Fabulous picture, @ms traditional.  Ambassador Rick Grenell mastered the perfect welcoming gesture, for a man who is clearly overcome by his emotions and love of the country who didn't forget him.  That heartfelt kiss of the flag says everything!

I was relieved when he landed in Germany-- until prisoners are actually on the plane and up and out from under the authoritarians who arbitrarily deny them freedom, you can't be quite sure they've escaped.  Everytime one of them does, intact, it's happy time!  Here's to more of them.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  i couldn't agree more.  the return of prisoners always reminds me of how lucky i am to have been born here.  and, yes, the released prisoners aren't really free until they are out of the offending country's air space.  i always feel best when they are back on American soil. sad that this was at the hands' of an "ally."  anyway, as you say, it's "happy time."

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

Ambassador Grenell meets Pastor Brunson upon arrival in Germany and presents him with an American flag.  Here is the pastor's reaction:

image.png

@ms traditional  Guess Pastor Brunson doesn't consider the flag to be "just a piece of cloth".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

A picture speaks a thousand words.

Welcome Home Pastor Brunson !

Respected Contributor

This poor man looks completely uncomfortable with the bloviating, back patting and trashing of former leaders. His head must be spinning.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

This poor man looks completely uncomfortable with the bloviating, back patting and trashing of former leaders. His head must be spinning.

@bathina  Oh come on now-hostages/pow's/etc. always look uncomfortable with the attention no matter who secured their releases.

Give credit where credit is due.

My head is spinning from all the spin.  Sheesh.

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@bathina  Oh come on now-hostages/pow's/etc. always look uncomfortable with the attention no matter who secured their releases.

Give credit where credit is due.

My head is spinning from all the spin.  Sheesh.

I've never seen hostages paraded before the press after their release and forced to bow to the leader and his admin. This was a completely disgusting display of self congratulations at the expense of a shell-shocked former hostage and his family. Why not just let the release stand on its own?

Trusted Contributor

People who are actually on trial are afforded that fact. A trial with witnesses, evidence and time to interview all witnesses. You know, a trial.

Not like an oh, let me see...a job interview.

Every single day of our lives we are faced with some test of “innocent until proven guilty”, and it seems to me that those words are not only about legalities, they are about common decency.  It’s a part of our American cultural belief system, and I’m very thankful for that.
Member Since 11/20/2008
Honored Contributor

@divine wrote:

People who are actually on trial are afforded that fact. A trial with witnesses, evidence and time to interview all witnesses. You know, a trial.

Not like an oh, let me see...a job interview.

Every single day of our lives we are faced with some test of “innocent until proven guilty”, and it seems to me that those words are not only about legalities, they are about common decency.  It’s a part of our American cultural belief system, and I’m very thankful for that.

@divine  I agree.  I don't buy into the "it was a job interview" schtick, either.  Look at the hysteria over it.

Once an accusation is out there, it doesn't matter if it is a trial, a job inteview, or any other life issue.  Words can destroy people; we are not bound by the innocent until guilty issue only in courts.

People need to think about this.