Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,748
Registered: ‎10-25-2010

Re: AMAZON HAS RETAILERS ON THE RUN


@chickenbutt wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've always heard that Amazon is a good company to work for, at least out here.    I can certainly see that maybe there could be problems here and there and/or disgruntled ex-employees.  But, over all, I've always heard that they are a good company to work for.


 

@chickenbutt

 

From what I read, several sources, the problem was limited to the PA warehouse, not widespread.


 

Ahh, thanks for that info.  Hopefully, they are straightening it out.   One unfortunate thing about that, aside from employees being treated badly of course, is that it can start, as we see, inaccurate info that the whole company is bad.   

 

Hope this finds you well!  This heat - oy!   I don't know how many more summers I can get through as my tolerance for heat is going down so badly from one year to the next.  I can go outside my house, even if it's only around 70, and within a couple of minutes I'm turning purple and feel like I'm going to pass out.   Been upper 90s, to 100, here lately.

 

Now, with the fires, it's smoky too.    I sure hope they get these fires under control very soon.   Fire season is always scary and sad.  Smiley Sad    As for me with asthma, I have to stay inside as much as possible but yesterday the smoke was really bad even inside my house.


Well, the Allentown warehouse was the worse, but it goes in it their other warehouses too.

 

Their cheating employees out of their breaks and lunches is happening everywhere.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,802
Registered: ‎08-23-2010

Re: AMAZON HAS RETAILERS ON THE RUN


@HappyDaze wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Amazon recently purchased WholeFoods. That's where I usually shop, so I have no idea what affect that will have on the stores.

 

Now QVC and HSN are supposedly banding together to be able to compete w/ Amazon & Amazon Prime.

 

Amazon obviously has a plan in place to get orders out quickly at the lowest prices. There's also no shipping and free returns (?). Can QVC compete with that when their website isn't up so often? Don't think so. A leopard can't change its spots. 

 


I don't think anyone but you even thought that. QVC "banding with HSN" would in no way be a stragetic move in order to be able to compete with amazon so comparing the two is silly and so Why in the world would you draw that conclusion?  Amazon and QVC/HSN have nothing in common outside of the fact that they both sell online. Otherwise, you are comparing apples to oranges. 


 

@HappyDaze    @Shanus

 

Honestly, I don't know how people come up with this kwap.    Maybe they just need to generate more threads for attention, whether they actually make any sense .... or not?   

 

Amazon and QVC are COMPLETELY different in their retail operations ......   that should be obvious to anyone who bothers to do some reading.    It IS comparing apples and oranges, but I guess facts don't matter to some people.

 

Why anyone would think that Amazon "has retailers on the run" is beyond me.   

 

 

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,375
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: AMAZON HAS RETAILERS ON THE RUN


@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Amazon recently purchased WholeFoods. That's where I usually shop, so I have no idea what affect that will have on the stores.

 

Now QVC and HSN are supposedly banding together to be able to compete w/ Amazon & Amazon Prime.

 

Amazon obviously has a plan in place to get orders out quickly at the lowest prices. There's also no shipping and free returns (?). Can QVC compete with that when their website isn't up so often? Don't think so. A leopard can't change its spots. 

 


I don't think anyone but you even thought that. QVC "banding with HSN" would in no way be a stragetic move in order to be able to compete with amazon so comparing the two is silly and so Why in the world would you draw that conclusion?  Amazon and QVC/HSN have nothing in common outside of the fact that they both sell online. Otherwise, you are comparing apples to oranges. 


 

@HappyDaze    @Shanus

 

Honestly, I don't know how people come up with this kwap.    Maybe they just need to generate more threads for attention, whether they actually make any sense .... or not?   

 

Amazon and QVC are COMPLETELY different in their retail operations ......   that should be obvious to anyone who bothers to do some reading.    It IS comparing apples and oranges, but I guess facts don't matter to some people.

 

Why anyone would think that Amazon "has retailers on the run" is beyond me.   

 

 This is the second time you've accused me of posting just to get attention. Uh. I don't need attention and I'm not the one posting in technicolor, capital letters & underlining phrases.

 

If you can't say what you mean without being insulting, maybe count to 10 first.

 

 


 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,371
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: AMAZON HAS RETAILERS ON THE RUN

 

Since QVC and HSN are merging, does anyone think this will have an adverse effect on our Forums? I'd hate to think that our "home" will be changing again!

The measure of any Society is how it treats its women and girls.
~~Michelle Obama
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,375
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: AMAZON HAS RETAILERS ON THE RUN


@mtc wrote:

@Pearley wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@JaxsMom wrote:

According to who are QVC nd HSN banding together to compete with Amazon Prime? Link to your source? Yes we all know that the parent company of QVC is buying HSN, but where does it say that the reason is to compete with Amazon? 

 

Personally I don't see how the QVC parent company buying HSN has anything to do with Amazon or Prime. Amazons business model has no relation to QVC or HSNs business model. 


I'm the source. IMO, Amazon can't be beat for price and service. Companies are trying to compete and copy their way of doing business. Their success is causing retailers (B&M and shopping channels and websites) to evaluate their relationship with consumers.

 

 


Just as I thought.  Sigh.


@Pearley there are articles that are also supporting this:

 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/qvc-buys-hsn-to-battle-amazon/

 

For me, they can wrap it in whatever bow they want but this just means more consolidation and more lost jobs as I find it very hard to believe Liberty will support running two separate networks.


@Guess you're wrong @Pearley

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,285
Registered: ‎05-23-2011

Re: AMAZON HAS RETAILERS ON THE RUN


@CARMIE wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've always heard that Amazon is a good company to work for, at least out here.    I can certainly see that maybe there could be problems here and there and/or disgruntled ex-employees.  But, over all, I've always heard that they are a good company to work for.


 

@chickenbutt

 

From what I read, several sources, the problem was limited to the PA warehouse, not widespread.


 

Ahh, thanks for that info.  Hopefully, they are straightening it out.   One unfortunate thing about that, aside from employees being treated badly of course, is that it can start, as we see, inaccurate info that the whole company is bad.   

 

Hope this finds you well!  This heat - oy!   I don't know how many more summers I can get through as my tolerance for heat is going down so badly from one year to the next.  I can go outside my house, even if it's only around 70, and within a couple of minutes I'm turning purple and feel like I'm going to pass out.   Been upper 90s, to 100, here lately.

 

Now, with the fires, it's smoky too.    I sure hope they get these fires under control very soon.   Fire season is always scary and sad.  Smiley Sad    As for me with asthma, I have to stay inside as much as possible but yesterday the smoke was really bad even inside my house.


Well, the Allentown warehouse was the worse, but it goes in it their other warehouses too.

 

Their cheating employees out of their breaks and lunches is happening everywhere.


Sources please @CARMIE.