Respected Contributor

ALL. QUIET. ON. THE. LANDLINE. FRONT.....

Call Blocker device ordered from QVC:  it really works !  Ordered the one with the greater # of robo calls reported to the FCC.  In two months, the landline in the kitchen has 60+ new numbers added and my work office landline has 70 new numbers.

Couldn’t believe how quiet the afternoons got once I started blocking unwanted calls.

New robo call trick: instead of showing the entire # of the caller, they drop off the last #.  Well, I simply went and blocked the number and added “ 0 “ to the displayed #.  I repeated this for numbers 1 through 9.  Took a few minutes, but it will be worth the quiet !

If the robo call is from a cellphone, check your instruction booklet for the extra digit you need to add to block successfully.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Super Contributor

Re: ALL. QUIET. ON. THE. LANDLINE. FRONT.....

I'm happy that it works for you.  We got rid of our landline because all the unwanted calls were driving us nuts!  It's now quiet and peaceful at our house, too.

Valued Contributor

@jlkz   I have 300 plus the ones it came programed in it. Peace at last.

Respected Contributor

@fluffysmom

Worth its weight in gold !   Now I don’t worry about tripping and falling to get to the phone...I can plug the blocking in when I get a chance later.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a call blocker (different brand) and it’s wonderful.  It’s made a huge dent in the number of spam calls that get through.  I don’t know what we’d do without it.  It enables my husband to sleep through the morning without being disturbed.  

Honored Contributor

I have my CallBlocker thing hooked up to my VoIP phone and when I have my phone plugged in, many calls get blocked but not as many as I want. Unwanted calls still come through so I just unplug my VoIP phone and let my PC take voice mail if the caller chooses to leave one. That way my phone does not ring at all because it's unplugged.

Respected Contributor

Congrats on success of your purchase. I just noticed yesterday how the amount of robo calls increased yesterday. I was working near phone and it was ringing a lot and unfortunately I caved and answered a few. NO! Must be new employees trying to make a living.
Honored Contributor

Why spend needless money on a contraption to get rid of unwanted calls on a landline phone?? Simple solution is to get rid of you landline phone, use only a cell phone which has the capability to block calls for free. I dumped my landline phone years ago and haven't ever received any unwanted calls using my cell phone. I just don't understand why people still insist on using a landline phone and still complain about it. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Why spend needless money on a contraption to get rid of unwanted calls on a landline phone?? Simple solution is to get rid of you landline phone, use only a cell phone which has the capability to block calls for free. I dumped my landline phone years ago and haven't ever received any unwanted calls using my cell phone. I just don't understand why people still insist on using a landline phone and still complain about it. 

@ID2. You post this all the time and I answer the same all the time. I guess you don’t read your responses. 

My cell phone gets robo calls. I block them. I still get calls. I received one from the United Kingdom the other day! Maybe it was the Queen.

BTW, I like a landline. I don’t block calls on it. I just don’t answer unless I know who it is.

Honored Contributor

Jlkz,

Which model CallBlocker did you choose?

TIA for any info.