Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

"Now I wonder if it's a marketing tactic to get customers into the store."

Bait & Switch tactic

Doubt it, but I've rarely seen this problem at Aldi's in my area.

Aldi's "week" starts on Wednesday and ends the following Tuesday. Most stores have their heaviest business on Friday and through the weekend.

If Aldi trucks are running late with something special for that week, odds are they will have received and stocked it by midday Friday at the latest.

When I expect something that isn't on the shelf, I always ask if it's in but just not stocked yet.

Esteemed Contributor

My Aldi's has been out of english muffins on and off.  The store manager said they are having trouble with their vendor.  Other than that I don't have any problems with Aldi's.

I've had problems with all grocery stores with out of stock sale items: Jewel, Meijer, Walmart.  It's not exclusive to Aldi.

Trusted Contributor

The Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") requires grocery stores and retailers that sell food products to have the advertised product in stock and available for you to buy during the entire time period of the deal unless the advertisement clearly states that supplies of the product are limited. If the grocery store doesn't have a phrase on the ad to the effect of "while supplies last", but runs out of the advertised product, the store must either be able to prove that it originally ordered enough of the advertised item to meet the anticipated demand, or:

• Offer you a rain check;
  • Offer you a similar product to the one that was advertised that is either comparable in value or has had its price reduced in a similar way; or
  • Offer you some other form of compensation that is equal to the value of the advertised product that is no longer stock.

Take a close look at the weekly ad. Look for notations about limited supplies or while supplies last. It might be in tiny print, but it has to be there.  If there’s nothing clearly stated, have a chat with the Aldi’s store manager that fails to stock as advertised. Mention the Federal Trade Commission. There are alternatives to rainchecks, but shrugging off the customer isn’t one of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal 

Online,  

For the Aldi Weekly Ad  they print the start and end dates of the advertised price, followed by:

Respected Contributor

No problems here in south central PA.  Smiley Happy

Hoping it gets better for those of you who are experiencing issues.  That's a bummer.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

It sounds like Aldi is trying to bring in the customers and not have the product.  That actually stinks!

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I have looked for frozen pancakes at my Aldis. I even talked to

one or two different employees there regarding this. They keep

telling me that they are getting them in and never do.

Another item I have looked high and low for, they never have.

frozen onion rings. Maybe my store is smaller. 

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

The Federal Trade Commission ("FTC") requires grocery stores and retailers that sell food products to have the advertised product in stock and available for you to buy during the entire time period of the deal unless the advertisement clearly states that supplies of the product are limited. If the grocery store doesn't have a phrase on the ad to the effect of "while supplies last", but runs out of the advertised product, the store must either be able to prove that it originally ordered enough of the advertised item to meet the anticipated demand, or:

• Offer you a similar product to the one that was advertised that is either comparable in value or has had its price reduced in a similar way; or
  • Offer you some other form of compensation that is equal to the value of the advertised product that is no longer stock.

Take a close look at the weekly ad. Look for notations about limited supplies or while supplies last. It might be in tiny print, but it has to be there.  If there’s nothing clearly stated, have a chat with the Aldi’s store manager that fails to stock as advertised. Mention the Federal Trade Commission. There are alternatives to rainchecks, but shrugging off the customer isn’t one of them. 

The weekly Lidl ad clearly states while supplies last and it usually means it's not being restocked by the end of the week.  My m-i-l will fight weekly with the cashier and the manager.  Flag Day she fought with the manager because they ran out of those tiny little flags on a stick they were giving away for free.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@gizmogal wrote:

The weekly Lidl ad clearly states while supplies last and it usually means it's not being restocked by the end of the week.  My m-i-l will fight weekly with the cashier and the manager.  Flag Day she fought with the manager because they ran out of those tiny little flags on a stick they were giving away for free.

From Hedge's post, just in case anybody missed seeing it the first time.:

For the Aldi Weekly Ad  they print the start and end dates of the advertised price, followed by:

Their backsides are covered.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I can’t imagine going for three days in a row for 49 cent eggs.

Making that many trips and the time and gas involved kind of makes the 49 cent eggs not 49 cents. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?