Valued Contributor

Is anyone experiencing some of the products in Aldi's weekly ad not being available?  It seems to be an ongoing problem in our neighborhood Aldi.  The latest one was for large eggs (12 ct) advertised for 49 cents per dozen.  We went to the store 3 days in a row and no eggs at all.  We spoke to the manager the first two days and he kept saying they were coming in the next day.  The third time he said they never got any in and didn't know if or when they would get them.  They do not give rainchecks so we've lost out on the great price.  This has happened a number of times in the past for different products.  I've spoken to Aldi corporate customer service several times and emailed them the problem.  They tell you how sorry they are and say they pass it on to the higher powers, but nothing has changed.  I told them that all the other stores in our area (So. Cal) give rainchecks when they are out of something so the customer can purchase the item at the sale price at a later date.  This has become so frustrating.  I don't blame the store manager - he's just relaying what the distribution tells him.  I think Aldi better up their game.

Valued Contributor

Re: ALDI PRODUCT INVENTORY

[ Edited ]

The out-of-stock situation for advertised items is common at the Aldi near me.

Honored Contributor

Aldi's is my oldest daughter's favorite store to shop in, she lives in Maryland and doesn't have a problem getting her items. One opened about 20 minutes away from where I live and they usually have their circular items available.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor
Have not experienced that in WI. I go early because the store gets so messy as the day goes on (ripped bags of lettuce, berries strewn on the floor).
Honored Contributor

That's pretty bad if stock-outs are common on sale items and they don't give rainchecks.  People will stop depending on them for weekly shopping, and do as I do - just stop in occasionally - when I'm in the area - and look for good deals.  It doesn't seem like a good way to grow the franchise.

Honored Contributor

The only time we may not get something advertised is if it's a household type item.  

If you aren't there on Sunday morning when they open chances are you won't be getting it later in the week.

Respected Contributor

I don't shop at Aldi's, but my mom had the same problem with her Aldi's being out of the eggs on sale recently.

At the time, I just thought it was probably because they ran out  because of the good sale price.   Now I wonder if it's a marketing tactic to get customers into the store.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Trusted Contributor

Two years ago, the fruits and veggies seemed not to arrive until mid- week. So far this year, the items in the circular seem to be available.  Fingers crossed the situation stays that way and that your situation improves.

Respected Contributor

I don't go there specifically for sale items, but regularly stocked items are often unavailable.  I routinely buy quarts of half & half but I can't count it being on the shelf when I want it.  Same goes for their spreadable butter in a tub.  

Honored Contributor

"Now I wonder if it's a marketing tactic to get customers into the store."

Bait & Switch tactic

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif