Esteemed Contributor

Flour sold at ALDI recalled after 17 people in 8 states get sick

CNN)The discount supermarket chain Aldi recalled 5-lb. bags of its Baker's Corner All-Purpose Flour on Thursday because they may be contaminated with E. coli.

Seventeen people have been reported being sick in eight states, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Three of those people have been hospitalized.

People interviewed by the CDC said they ate, licked or tasted raw, homemade dough or batter. Two people told the CDC they ate raw dough or batter made with flour or baking mixes from Aldi. The CDC states that eating or tasting raw dough or batter can make a person sick.

The illnesses began December 11, 2018 and the latest began April 18, the CDC said.

The recalled flour was sold at Aldi locations in 11 states, including Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and West Virginia.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Re: ALDI Flour Recall (E. coli)

Good to know.  Thanks for posting.

Esteemed Contributor

With increasing food recalls, it has become like playing Russian Roulette with our lives every time we eat something!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I always wish I had Mikey to try it first.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Any information about who the manufacturer or miller of the flour was?  I'm thinking they probably make flour and products for other brands as well.

Edit:  The flour came from Archer Daniels Midland, which makes tons of products and flours and baking mixes, so NO raw tasting now!  Of any baked goods! 

Honored Contributor

I have to tell ya, I have never cared for raw dough or mix. None of my kids care for it either. This is a VERY good thing.

Thank you, @Marp , for this update.

Valued Contributor

As a child I loved the batter left over when Mother baked  cakes,  which was oftern.

Super Contributor

Thank you for posting this notice @Marp.