Honored Contributor

Re: ALAN JACKSON HEALTH

[ Edited ]

So sad to hear the news...we are about the same age. So many great memories with his hits. This is the 1st one that came to mind - 'She's Got The Rhythm'...ahhhh...good times.

*dances around the room*       Yee Haw Smiley Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vElM1yUCkOU

Regular Contributor

Re: ALAN JACKSON HEALTH

[ Edited ]

I took my son to see him in 1992 I think and I still can see him standing on stage in the mist singing Midnight in Montgomery!  So sad to hear of his health problems.  What a talent and no doubt about it, one of the most attractive men to ever walk this earth! Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCvSBVDZTDE&list=RDZCvSBVDZTDE&start_radio=1&rv=ZCvSBVDZTDE&t=0

Honored Contributor

pitstop,

I think he is good-looking, too, and I typically go for the dark, exotic and swarthy type.  For some reason, I fancy him and Blake Shelton.

Variety.  The spice of life.

Honored Contributor
His Christmas CD might be my favorite holiday CD.
Regular Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

pitstop,

I think he is good-looking, too, and I typically go for the dark, exotic and swarthy type.  For some reason, I fancy him and Blake Shelton.

Variety.  The spice of life.

Same here!  My husband was a deep, dark & mysterious Italian and I've never been attracted to blondes much but man oh man, he is seriously gorgeous and it doesn't hurt that he just seems like such a truly decent guy!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@cowboy sam  Now you've got me wondering what the song was and why the producers didn't want it performed.

@deepwaterdotter ... here it is...  The song by George Jones was "Choices"

he wasn't allowed to sing it but after Pop a Top, Alan Jackson took care of it..

respectful moment for George Jones..  

Alan Jackson - Pop a Top/Choices - YouTube

@Suziepeach 

thank you so very much for posting the link for Allan.Heart..

i also watched the video of Allan &George singing.."He Stopped Loving Her Today.."

and tears flowed  listening to their singing together.HeartSmiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Very sad news. "Let it be Christmas" is a favorite of mine. Like @bikerbabe said, his Christmas CD is great. 

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam you are more than welcome.  We were watching that night and when he changed to "Choices" his point was clearly made.

Both he and George Jones have (or had) voices that are very powerful.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

I'm not into Country music, but have always admired Alan Jackson, he's 'one tall drink of water.'  Wish you well, Alan.