Honored Contributor

I got an e-mail that Emeril will be having a TSV air fryer.

Have any of you used an air fryer..what did you think?

I have a counter top convection oven.............it blows around the hot air...so really-what would be the difference?

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

I have the Cooks Essentials Air Fryer from the TSV a while back...I am not a good cook so I only use it to make simple things...like French Fries...burgers...hot dogs..chicken...re-heat pizza...I love mine for what it does...it suits my needs...

Honored Contributor

I don't know why anyone with a convection oven would need an air fryer which is the 2016, kitchen fad of the year.  They are big and take up a lot of counter space.  A convection oven is so much more versatile.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

HSN was selling one the other day by Phillips who supposedly invented air fryers. 

My full size kitchen stove has a convection oven setting so I don't think I need this but I also think this would be something that would take up space and rarely get used.  I'm foreseeing this being sold at a lot of garage sales next year come spring.

Honored Contributor

@catlover wrote:

I got an e-mail that Emeril will be having a TSV air fryer.

Have any of you used an air fryer..what did you think?

I have a counter top convection oven.............it blows around the hot air...so really-what would be the difference?

I purchased an air fryer from Walmart for $79.00.  I love it for french frys.  I have also used if ffor frozen chicken strips.  I do enjoy using it.  I know you can do more with them but so far french frys are really a hit with me.

Honored Contributor

@catlover I have both a countertop convection oven and an air fryer and use both regularly.

I like the convection oven for morning toast or cooking meals that involve sauces and things like that but I love the air fryer for french fries and other frozen foods but it is great at reheating things.  Really brings leftover foods back to life in no time.  My personal favorite is either frozen fried chicken or reheating leftover fried chicken.  You could never tell it didn't just come out of a deep fryer and you'll be amazed at the amount of grease that is leftover.

I personally am very happy with both . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I got the same email.  I preordered it in the green.  Checked O and Amazon but figured Q's was the best deal for me.  There are cheaper ones, as well as much more expensive ones out there, but, I feel I can depend on appliances from Emeril and Wolf.

Personally, it's just me and my Eddy (black lab mix)  so cooking is kinda a waste for me for I'm eating same thing all week..  And, certainly, heating up the big oven (also can cook on convection) doesn't make much sense for small portions.  So to me this is worth a try.  If I remember correctly it's only about 12 x 13 so doesn't take up that much counter space.

All the air fryers seem to have high marks and people rave about the convenience of them. 

Frequent Contributor

I have the Philips Air Fryer...I also have a convection oven but there is absolutely no comparison!  Foods that come out of the air fryer do indeed taste like they just came out of a deep fryer...NOTHING like when it comes out of my convection oven!

Frequent Contributor

I have the Philips Air Fryer...I also have a convection oven but there is absolutely no comparison!  Foods that come out of the air fryer do indeed taste like they just came out of a deep fryer...NOTHING like when it comes out of my convection oven!  And air fryers have been around for a lot longer then 2016.

Honored Contributor
@Lipstickdiva wrote:

HSN was selling one the other day by Phillips who supposedly invented air fryers. 

My full size kitchen stove has a convection oven setting so I don't think I need this but I also think this would be something that would take up space and rarely get used.  I'm foreseeing this being sold at a lot of garage sales next year come spring.

@Lipstickdiva

Does using the "convection oven setting" still heat up the kitchen like a 1 of the other regular oven settings? My wife uses a toaster oven a lot in hot weather because the oven throws out way too much heat.

Been thinking of buying her an air fryer for that reason. Most of what I eat regularly does not need to be cooked, I prefer raw veggies and fruits. She eats differently than myself.

Thanks to you or anyone that can answer this for me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)