Esteemed Contributor

Re: ADVISE YOU SHOULDN'T FOLLOW

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  Welcome BACK dear friend!!!!🤗 I was DELIGHTED when I signed on and saw this thread; it made my soul smile.😊

I'm glad to see that you are once again doing what you love; spreading joy to your forum family.😁

I was really concerned for you, but hopeful that with your feisty spirit, you would find a way-VOILA!👍👍

The quotes of kindness left a melody in my heart, and  numbers 9,10, and 14 were particularly heartwarning.❤😀

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles    Forgot to mention, my computer arrived today, a day early, yay.  Won't set it up until after Thursday when I have my mobile pain mgt appointment.  The only thing I have left to buy is a chair for in front of my desk.  Have 2 in the cart at Walmart, eeny meeny minny mo...

@Lindsays Grandma  That's wonderful news! You've been trying very hard, and your diligence finally paid off.😊 I know how FRUSTRATING the search for a good computer can be.😐 My new laptop continues to have minor hiccups, but nothing that warrants a trip to the "puter" doctor.😁

I am SO sorry to know that you are still having that much back pain, and am hoping that they can offer a pain management program that meets your specific needs.🤞🤗

Perhaps a comfortable desk chair might help relieve some of your discomfort as well; especially if is in the lumbar region. Check back, and let me know which chair won your favor.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ... I have been going to the pain management clinic my appointment is with, for years.  Before the DEA came down on all of them a few years back, I tried several and this one appeared to be the better of those I went to. What I like about it is that I don't have to go to them, they come to me via the computer.  It certainly makes it more convenient for those who go to work and of course for me too since I don't drive anymore.  All of my pain is on my right side, except for my back of course, that goes east to west, no stops in between.  Of course when I fell and fractured my hip, that too, was the right side.  Sometimes you just can't get a break (no pun intended)

The one bad feature however, is that they don't take insurance and $220 per month is not to be sneezed at.  My daughter and I got to know the owner when he was employed by the one I was going to prior to his going out on his own and we were quite friendly with him.  You never really know someone until their true colors come out once they become successful on their own terms.  Had he acted the way he does now I wouldn't have given him the time of day.  Talk about greed!!  Thankfully the female I have my appointments with is friendly and we get along just fine.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Re: ADVICE YOU SHOULDN'T FOLLOW

One of my favs -- Never take voting advice from a religious person and never take religious advice from a politician.

Respected Contributor

Re: ADVICE YOU SHOULDN'T FOLLOW

@CalminHeart wrote:

One of my favs -- Never take voting advice from a religious person and never take religious advice from a politician.

AMEN!!! :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  OUCHHHHH @ 220 dollars!! That is an eye crossing amount, but I'm glad to know you are well established with that clinic, for continuity of care.😊

Telemedicine has exploded since the beginning of the pandemic. Thank goodness, the lack of transportation no longer inhibits our access to healthcare.👍 My last appointment was a virtual visit, and I loved it!😀

Although I have no gender preference regarding doctors, or therapists, I think women are sometimes more sensitive to our individual needs.😊

Chronic pain can sometimes inhibit us, but there is great dignity in not allowing it to define us. Kudos to you, for refusing to let it do that!👍👍  

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles ...When he first opened his own pain management clinic he charged $150 and the more he grew the more he charged.  He happened to work for a pain management clinic I was going to and he was the one I saw at my appointments, so I have known him for  many years.   

He is not the nicest person I ever met and my appointments are no longer with him.  I opted forone of the women he hired and she is so much nicer to work with.  This afternoon she was in an unusual silly mood and I picked up on it and before I knew it we broke into a fit of laughter which made me feel sooooo good.  Haven't laughed like that in a long time.

Whenever I could I chose a woman as my doctor.  That's not to say I never had a male physician, I had some good ones, however, you said it best, "women are sometimes more sensitive to our individual needs."

Thank goodness I have my new computer, this one has been doing some weird things in the last two days.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  They say, "laughter is the best medicine", and it seems that your guffaw was just what the doctor ordered.😊

Your new computer could not have come at a better time! I remember that you were going to set it up today; Thursday, so I am curious to know how you like it. I am crossing my fingers that it is everything you need.🤞😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma  They say, "laughter is the best medicine", and it seems that your guffaw was just what the doctor ordered.😊

Your new computer could not have come at a better time! I remember that you were going to set it up today; Thursday, so I am curious to know how you like it. I am crossing my fingers that it is everything you need.🤞😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles ... Nope, didn't happen yet.   We got an unexpected visit from our dear friends in Colorado and spent the entire day having a wonderful time.  I didn't even touch this computer yesterday and have a lot of catching up to do.