Honored Contributor

Re: ADT HOME SECURITY ~ HAVE IT?? RECOMMEND IT ???

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs,

Please contact a local company in your area, about the right security system for you.   I strongly suggest sensors on all windows and doors, glass breakage sensors, motion detectors inside the house (and garage), heat detectors, and possibly an outdoor booster siren which would alert neighbors to an alarm at your house.   

My system has all of the above.  It is hooked into the phone line, but also has battery backup if the phone line is out.   The system will chirp every few seconds when the phone is out, but is still fully functional on battery power.  

Our initial investment 12 years ago was $1700, and as I said, we added more equipment later.   You should probably expect to spend $2500+.   The company will issue a certificate once the system is installed that you will show your insurance company in order to receive a discount on your homeowners premium.    

Honored Contributor

We got our daughter Simpli Safe for her apartment.  It runs through the WiFi and it's hooked up to the police.  

It was roughly $275 for the whole system and monthly monitoring is $25.

It has sensors for all the doors and windows and it came with a camera.  You can add whatever you need.

It's very simply to set up and it's not hard wired.  It's effective too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs 

@tends2dogs wrote:

We are thinking that we are way overdue to having home security system.  What are your thoughts and what do you have?

TIA

I have it at least 25 years.  I had to update it about three yers ago.  They grandfathered me in, so I didn,t have to pay for the new installation.  I have everydoor and window and glass breakers and motion sensors.  Never had a problem with service.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ADT HOME SECURITY ~ HAVE IT?? RECOMMEND IT ???ADT

@grandma2pkmh 

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@tends2dogs   I have had ADT for around 16 years. Bill started at $18.99 per month, just increased again to $42.99 per month. I have the simplest system,  3 doors armed, no windows.  I need to change! LOL

I pay 24.99.  Have every window door, glass breaker, and motion sensors and an alarm out in front that goes off.  You can negotiate.

Esteemed Contributor

@tl98466 

@tl98466 wrote:

I had ADT for awhile, but had TONS of issues with it; then it seemed like the monthly monitoring fee kept increasing every month or two. I switched to Xfinity and my only issue with it was the cost. Now I'm using Blink and RING Doorbell.

They never raise mine.  Been the same for years.

Esteemed Contributor

@tl98466 

@tl98466 wrote:

I had ADT for awhile, but had TONS of issues with it; then it seemed like the monthly monitoring fee kept increasing every month or two. I switched to Xfinity and my only issue with it was the cost. Now I'm using Blink and RING Doorbell.

They never raise mine.  Been the same for years.  Do you mean 24.99, but imposed the numbers to 42.99?