Honored Contributor

Re: ADELE looks fabulous and not too thin!

She doesn't look too thin.

Hopefully she's reinventing her look; that retro thing she had going was overdue for a change.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see anything "fabulous" in any of those pictures.  However, to be fair, they are all candid pictures.  Adele has always been a pretty woman.  She lost a lot of weight and it seems like her skin has not "bounced back" yet.  Speaking as someone who weighs half of what I weighed 25 years ago and has lost 50lbs, 60lbs at a time; I'm aware that it can take a while for skin to bounce back or tighten up.  Losing a lot of weight isn't easy and I am happy for Adele's success.  People always....like always....say that we've lost "too much weight".  I remember a kind co-worker coming into my office once with a worried look on her face and asking me if I was "alright".  I'd lost a ton of weight over the winter and she thought I must be seriously ill.   People and in a Adele's case, the world, are accustomed to seeing overweight people in a certain way I think it's surprising and disconcerting when that person loses weight. Hence the "she's too thin" and "don't lose any more weight" remarks.   No, Adele is not too thin.   And no, she doesn't look great in any of those pictures.  She just looks smaller.  

Honored Contributor

She'll be fine.  As @chrystaltree , said....her skin has to catch up with the weight loss.

I remember back in the nineties, I was off work for the summer and although I had started dieting before the summer break, I lost a total of about 30 lbs from my five ft fame.  Also it was one of the hottest summers on record.  I came back to work in September and several people asked if I was alright cause they said I was too thin.  One person said she was relieved that I didn't have AIDS since it was in the news so much then.  I thought I looked great.  People see what they see.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

I hope she is healthy and happy.  She does look different...I was used to seeing her performing, I always loved her eye makeup.  She looked like she was relaxing at the beach without all the heavy makeup she wore when performing.  I thought when she was heavier she was beautiful and she still is.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

If you are over 60, the skin does not snap back.  I am 71 and due to medical issue I lost 30 lbs over the last 2 years.  Just a few months ago I noticed that creped look.  Lol.  Extra skin that didnt pop back.  For years  when I had a load of hormones and collagen suppy naturally I couldnt loose those 30 lbs for trying. .  Lol. Now, I actually thought...I dont want to loose anymore weight.  I would rather be a little over weight than saggy.

adele is young.  And what God doesnt snap back the plastic surgeon can.   I am too old for that stuff lol

Honored Contributor

Didn't recognize her but that may be due to her not having the dramatic lashes and makeup. 

As long as she's healthy, that's all that matters,