Esteemed Contributor

Re: ABC takes Great American Baking show off air

I enjoy this show also.....sorry it will be off........my only complaint with the show is that they have the WORST hosts......they try to be funny and aren't and end up being totally obnoxious.........the hosts have been horrible in both the US and British shows...

Honored Contributor

A morality clause is not worth the paper it's written on.    I get the feeling the show was a stinker and here is an easy way for ABC to cut bait.

If a corporation has a multi million dollar employee, they would find a way to work around a morality clause.

Obviously, many corporations have been doing just this.   Cost of doing business.   Make a secret payment for one tenth what the rascal brings to the table and wash their hands of the whole mess.   The employee keeps their cushy job.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is so much confusion regarding what is actionable and  what isn't. Just because we haven't filled the jails with those who have been accused of sexual harassment doesn't mean anything unless the allEgation involved a criminal act, such as was the case with Cosby.

Companies will fire those whose actions put the company in a  bad light and created a hostile environment. Companies do not do this without good cause. It simply would not be good for their bottom line. Yes, many are at-will employees, but that doesn't mean that they can't find a legal reason to sue their company.

I wish that people understood that rather than being a witch hunt, this is a long overdue process that is shining a light on a subject that can no longer be brushed aside or overlooked.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

Wow Tinkrbl44 don't yell at people for "making assumptions" when you are making plenty of your own!

You missed my point.  You are saying that others are assuming when you yourself are assuming.

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry this show was taken off air.  I rather enjoyed it and so did my mother.  Why couldn't they have edited Johnny out, or blurred his face, and carried on?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

There is so much confusion regarding what is actionable and  what isn't. Just because we haven't filled the jails with those who have been accused of sexual harassment doesn't mean anything unless the allEgation involved a criminal act, such as was the case with Cosby.

Companies will fire those whose actions put the company in a  bad light and created a hostile environment. Companies do not do this without good cause. It simply would not be good for their bottom line. Yes, many are at-will employees, but that doesn't mean that they can't find a legal reason to sue their company.

I wish that people understood that rather than being a witch hunt, this is a long overdue process that is shining a light on a subject that can no longer be brushed aside or overlooked.

We really don't know what it is, seriously

Looks like everyone just wants to throw a wide net, see what they catch.   If an  innocent gets caught, oh well.

But I do hope you are right

Regular Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

^^That!^^

Regular Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mayfayre

VERY well stated!   Thank you for providing this explanation for others who aren't familiar with how this works. 

I have to ask .... do you have a background in employment law?

Not specifically though I needed some superficial knowledge of it for my job, mainly it is knowledge gained the hard way - through the levels of the EEO grievance process. Luckily for me, I had a union behind me to help, but I learned a lot. I wouldn't play my manager's reindeer games (in deference to the season) and I paid a long-term price for that, career-wise.

So I totally understand why young women (and men) wouldn't say anything for years, in order to not jeopardize their careers, especially when the cultural deck was, until recently, stacked against them being believed.

Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for the contestants. They auditioned, likely for weeks or months, got on the show, told their friends and family to tune in, it airs one night and is gone. They did nothing wrong and are paying the biggest price.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

,Re: ABC takes Great American Baking show off air

@chrystaltree wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

Is anyone being taken to court after these alligations?  I haven't heard. 

It's safe to assume that there's a lot $$$ involved  in 100% of these celebrity cases, that's why the women come foward.   So, they can file their civil suits and collect their money.  It's why there are never any details, litigation against the man is pending and I assume the networks just settle out of court.  Interestingly, we're not hearing anything at all about any arrests, even in Matt Lauer's case.  

@chrystaltree

You might want to follow upon post #6.  More than just smoke here.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras