Honored Contributor

Re: ABC takes Great American Baking show off air

@qualitygal wrote:

Is anyone being taken to court after these alligations?  I haven't heard. 

It's safe to assume that there's a lot $$$ involved  in 100% of these celebrity cases, that's why the women come foward.   So, they can file their civil suits and collect their money.  It's why there are never any details, litigation against the man is pending and I assume the networks just settle out of court.  Interestingly, we're not hearing anything at all about any arrests, even in Matt Lauer's case.  

Honored Contributor

Johnny Iuzzini

@PinkyPetunia

johnny-iuzzini.jpg

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Good, actions have consequences, or at least they should, or how will anyone learn ?

How about innocent until proven guilty?

Respected Contributor

Pretty soon all the news shows as well as other shows will be comprised of only women.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

IMO, It's wrong and dangerous for lives to be disrupted / ruined based only on allegations - which may or may not be true.

@nomless

Are you assuming that some woman comes along, says some man groped her 25 years ago, and their employer just says okay, we'll fire him? 

It should be obvious that not ALL information is being made public.  While you might think there's only one accuser, there may have been MANYcomplaints from women made over the years, and many reprimands that went unheeded, and the guy needs to get the boot.  

You can also bet there were behind the scenes investigating and the corporate attorneys were brought in to discuss the findings.  These firings don't just happen on a whim.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Good, actions have consequences, or at least they should, or how will anyone learn ?

How about innocent until proven guilty?

Apparently, that no longer exists for men in this country in the court of public opinion.  Until some guy sues and is awarded a hundred million dollars.  At that point, they'll be some balance, fairness and common sense in all this.  

Honored Contributor

For some reason when they bring stuff to the US it gets dumbed down. The US version of this series is a joke. I never saw anything the quality of the British program

The Brits were stunning bakers, and  turned out really beautiful baked goods.  I would rather watch reruns of the original series ,than the mess they exported

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Is anyone being taken to court after these alligations?  I haven't heard. 

@qualitygal

Depends on how many allegations have been made, for one thing.   Most creepy predators won't do these things in front of a bunch of witnesses, but that doesn't mean something didn't happen ....  repeatedly.  

Take the Cosby case for instance.  There was enough evidence and accusers to take to trial.   With a network, my guess is they would prefer to just settle quietly.   They have often money set aside for things like this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44,

Yes, I think firings may be occurring on a whim, based on allegations that may not be true because employers may not want to deal with public ire even  if the ire is based only on rumor.  It's easier to fire one guy than to deal with public criticism,  boycotts, etc.

Honored Contributor

Never saw the show.  Typical American take off of a great British show. Starting from who knows when,  American TV has ripped off Briish shows and and making them worse.  I wish they would get a little more original.