Esteemed Contributor

Re: ABC takes Great American Baking show off air

wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  I absolutely stand by what I said.  I think it is too easy now to accuse a man of something and he is found guilty the minute he is accused.  It isn't the American way.  Also, if your boss wants you to commit tax fraud and you do it you are guilty.  If you comply you are guilty unless physically forced to do something.

And if it is consensual, you have to take the blame. 

@Sooner

You can stand by anything you want .... although I don't think "consensual" tax fraud is a reasonable comparison to unwanted sexual aggression..

People are accused, but there's this thing callled an INVESTIGATION that then takes place.  What we've seen here for the past year or so is the awareness that there's been a distinct and continuous pattern of sleazy behavior coming to light ....  surely you've read about the Cosby case.

Where you got the idea that all men are  considered automatically guilty .... well, that's just not true.  HOWEVER .... lots of men have done things repeatedly because they could get away with it ..... and that has to stop.  Enough of the "boys will be boys, ha ha ha" mentality.  

@Tinkrbl44,so true.  I actually took a case, a jury trial, where a female was raped by her male coworker.  She was drunk and borderline passed out.  Another coworker walked in and caught him in the act.  The jury hung up.  One of the juror's exact comment was "boys will be boys".