Esteemed Contributor

Re: ABC's Muted Reaction to Brian Ross's Journalistic Malpractice

Is ABC the only network that reported this story this way?

Keepin' it real.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Is ABC the only network that reported this story this way?

@esmerelda  Yes.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Well, I know one channel that is definately political.

@travelerNo doubt everyone feels that way about at least one.  That's not what we're talking about. 

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

Good reporting is supposed to fairly and accurately examine both sides of an issue and provide enough correct and reliable information for the reader/viewer to make up their minds about what is going on.

Now where have you seen that lately?  Also, all these comments by average joes are simply a lazy way of filling the air.  We get too many opinions disguised as what people think when actually it is one person's view--usually a very biased and inaccurate view at that. 

I've noticed, too, that the facts reported may be true, but additional facts that do not support the agenda are omitted.

Seems like it would be good optics for the outlets to fire a few reporters, to promote the illusion that they are not biased.

Have also read that Brian Ross will no longer be allowed to cover stories involving the current President.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Respected Contributor

Wow, this thread shows which way the mods lean.  The national channel I referenced often twists stories and never corrects.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Wow, this thread shows which way the mods lean.  The national channel I referenced often twists stories and never corrects.

Very selective *pruning* on this thread.

Honored Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

Marc Fisher owns the umbrella company for Ivanka Trump shoes.

Check out this Web site:

http://marcfisherfootwearcorp.com/brands/ivanka-trump/

HMMMMM

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

That's interesting, @TeezNu.  But it seems almost like an admission of "guilt", in a way.  If ABC is saying, well, Mr. Ross can't be trusted to report honestly on this one subject, but we'll let him loose on everything else, I would question their discernment, wouldn't you?

If a journalist's willing to be reckless and fudge the truth in one area they're covering, why not in another?  I'd be especially wary since so many other stories were wrong, including the hoked-up Toyota one.  

I make a big distinction between hard news by the way, and opinion journalists.  Columnists and opinion journalists have every right to express their opinions, and that's fine.  But reporters covering actual events in my opinion should bend over backwards to get the facts right. 

I'm a huge fan of news and journalism, and the "news" end of it has, in my opinion, been gradually corrupted over the decades.