Honored Contributor

ABC's 20/20 tonight (Wednesday)- The Sound of Music

Just thought I'd post, in case anyone might be interested in watching. 20/20 tonight, 10:00 PM Eastern is doing a special with Diane Sawyer- a look back at the making of The Sound of Music. It includes an interview and trip to Austria with Julie Andrews. I think it looks terrific and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

Re: ABC's 20/20 tonight (Wednesday)- The Sound of Music

Thanks for the heads up gidget. I loved that movie so very much. I saw some talk show a few years back where the cast of the show including Christopher Plummer, Julie Andrew, and the children were on. They had such delightful stories of when making the movie, pranks they pulled on each other, etc.

P.S. Hope you don't mind me asking but I was curious how your husband is doing? If you don't want to answer, I understand.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reminder! That's my daughter's favorite childhood movie, I'll DVR it for her. She used to play it all the time, especially if she was home from school with a cold or something. I could recreate scenes for her, I knew it so well {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the reminder. The dvr is set.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I am looking forward to seeing this. Salzburg is unbelievably gorgeous. My sister and I did The Sound of Music tour last year. It was so hokey but so much fun.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Dell said:

Thanks for the heads up gidget. I loved that movie so very much. I saw some talk show a few years back where the cast of the show including Christopher Plummer, Julie Andrew, and the children were on. They had such delightful stories of when making the movie, pranks they pulled on each other, etc.

P.S. Hope you don't mind me asking but I was curious how your husband is doing? If you don't want to answer, I understand.

Dell, he's doing so much better. Thank you for asking. We've been to his Oncologist a few times and last Friday he had an iron transfusion to cure his anemia. We go back in June for routine bloodwork. We also saw the surgeon yesterday for the 6 week checkup and that went well. He's gained a good amount of weight since he's been home from the hospital and rehab and I'm so glad for that because he was "scary skinny". My husband also has Parkinson's and we take each day as it comes for that, but I'll tell you, the 26 days in the hospital and rehab looking for a diagnosis and then the surgery and rehab were hard. I was scared and sad and so concerned, but he's so much better now and I appreciate you asking.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 lulu2 said:

I am looking forward to seeing this. Salzburg is unbelievably gorgeous. My sister and I did The Sound of Music tour last year. It was so hokey but so much fun.

I think that sounds like so much fun!

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:
On 3/18/2015 lulu2 said:

I think that sounds like so much fun!

It was a highlight of our sister trip. It was amazing to see (and hear) how many ladies knew every word to every song. We were there in December so there was snow and Christmas decorations everywhere.

I've also been there in summer and flowers are abundant everywhere.

Breathtakingly beautiful!

Valued Contributor

Dell, he's doing so much better. Thank you for asking. We've been to his Oncologist a few times and last Friday he had an iron transfusion to cure his anemia. We go back in June for routine bloodwork. We also saw the surgeon yesterday for the 6 week checkup and that went well. He's gained a good amount of weight since he's been home from the hospital and rehab and I'm so glad for that because he was "scary skinny". My husband also has Parkinson's and we take each day as it comes for that, but I'll tell you, the 26 days in the hospital and rehab looking for a diagnosis and then the surgery and rehab were hard. I was scared and sad and so concerned, but he's who much better now and I appreciate you asking.

Glad to hear he is doing better. You are a strong woman gidget taking care of the house, him, and, of course, yourself. Hopefully you know there are many here who care for you and wish the best for your dear husband.

Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Dell said:

Dell, he's doing so much better. Thank you for asking. We've been to his Oncologist a few times and last Friday he had an iron transfusion to cure his anemia. We go back in June for routine bloodwork. We also saw the surgeon yesterday for the 6 week checkup and that went well. He's gained a good amount of weight since he's been home from the hospital and rehab and I'm so glad for that because he was "scary skinny". My husband also has Parkinson's and we take each day as it comes for that, but I'll tell you, the 26 days in the hospital and rehab looking for a diagnosis and then the surgery and rehab were hard. I was scared and sad and so concerned, but he's who much better now and I appreciate you asking.

gidget, I am happy to read your husband is doing better. One medical condition is tough enough to deal with but compounding it with another is beyond difficult. When a spouse is ill, it affects both in so many ways.

You are an admirable person.