Honored Contributor

Re: ABC's 20/20 tonight (Wednesday)- The Sound of Music

lulu, That sounds like a fantastic tour.

gidget, I'm so glad to hear your DH is better. You've both been through so much in recent years. Remember to take good care of yourself, you need to be strong and healthy, too. I know when worried and caring for a loved one it can be easy to forget that.

Thanks for the heads up about the show -- I had not heard about it, but I'd like to watch.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

You won't believe this, but I have NEVER seen this movie. Growing up, it was my best friend's favorite movie and she tried to get me to watch it with her on the occasions it was shown on network TV. But I just couldn't get into it.

Even now I don't really have any interest in seeing it.

Regular Contributor

The DVD is read. My mother took me and my sister to see the movie in New York City when it came out. I have enjoyed it ever since. I made my children watch when they were young and now my grandchildren enjoy it. My 37 year old son enjoys it and will be dvr the special. When his children are old enough I am sure they will enjoy it. My daughter's children also enjoy it and sing the songs. It is wonderful when a movie can be enjoyed by so many generations.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On 3/18/2015 maddiecat said:

You won't believe this, but I have NEVER seen this movie. Growing up, it was my best friend's favorite movie and she tried to get me to watch it with her on the occasions it was shown on network TV. But I just couldn't get into it.

Even now I don't really have any interest in seeing it.

Same for me! My mother wanted us to like the movie, and we were like No way Jose!

Been to Salzburg Austria and had no interest there and were even drug up to the Von Trapp Lodge and stayed behind and fished with my brothers.

Just couldn't get in to it. She never got into Jimi Hendrix!

Honored Contributor

Thanks again for the comments about my husband, Dell, Lulu2 and Doobdoo. Have a nice day everyone!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I loved the movie.
Honored Contributor

I watched it and thought it was great, very entertaining and informative. Loved the old clips with the real Maria.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Lucky charm said:

Same for me! My mother wanted us to like the movie, and we were like No way Jose!

Been to Salzburg Austria and had no interest there and were even drug up to the Von Trapp Lodge and stayed behind and fished with my brothers.

Just couldn't get in to it. She never got into Jimi Hendrix!

I think Salzburg is one of the prettiest places I've visited.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night's 20/20. Julie Andrews looks fabulous at 79.

Honored Contributor

I watched it this afternoon and really enjoyed it. So glad they had Diane Sawyer doing it instead of BW.