Honored Contributor

Re: AAA Tour Books by State / Region no more 2022

I love these books, they are so comprehensive. We have a Garmin in our RV, but not the same experience.  The book is excellent for planning and checking out the sites of the state.  Sign of the times.  We love AAA....sad to see these books going out of print.

Valued Contributor

We are low tech and use paper maps and resources when needed once we are on the road.  We have Tracfones and save data for times we absolutely need it, not just driving along the highway.  I know we are a minority in not being married to our phones.  I love the Tour Books.  I found a Triptik last week from when my mom and I drove from the East coast to Yellowstone back in 2004.   It was a fun trip.  Thanks for the heads up!

Esteemed Contributor

I got an email from AAA the other day thanking me for using paperless billing. They asked if I'd like to reduce even more clutter by opting out of receiving a plastic membership card and accessing a digital card using the Auto Club App. I guess they're working on cutting out as much paper and plastic as possible.

Esteemed Contributor

Member since 1960.  Gift from my parents.  The tour books have always been my greatest reason for keeping up my membership.  In all those years I have only needed road service one time.  The main reason I remained..... books, maps, etc. 

So I am going to think this one out and might just UNJOIN.

Trusted Contributor

We have not used AAA for travel help very much but do depend on road assistance when we have a dead battery or flat tire. Their office is about two miles from where we live and I never see a single car there. We have never had a problem with them coming when needed, When our kids were in college we felt better knowing they could have someone change a tire or charge a battery and it would be a major issue. DH may go by their office Monday and check out the travel book situation.