Super Contributor

Re: A word of warning before you choose your health plan.

@Icegoddess wrote:

Choice?  People have choices?  I can only choose between Bronze, Silver, & Gold Blue Cross Blue Shield plans.  $925/month for Bronze with a $6500 deductible. 

I think some people are talking about private, company provided insurance, others about Medicare and its supplements. Confusing 

@Icegoddess wrote:

Choice?  People have choices?  I can only choose between Bronze, Silver, & Gold Blue Cross Blue Shield plans.  $925/month for Bronze with a $6500 deductible. 

@Icegoddess wrote:

Respected Contributor

Re: A word of warning before you choose your health plan.

I went with an insurance broker one year and we went over all the plans.

Several months later I got a new insurance card in the mail from another insurance co. that she had switched me over to without my knowledge and cancelled the one I had stayed with. WTH 

I was so upset that she did this without my permission just so she could make a commission! 

I had to go thru a lot of paperwork and phone calls to get switched back to the same plan I had before.

Be Careful

Honored Contributor

....Wow, I would have been furious and called the insuran...

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I went with an insurance broker one year and we went over all the plans.

Several months later I got a new insurance card in the mail from another insurance co. that she had switched me over to without my knowledge and cancelled the one I had stayed with. WTH 

I was so upset that she did this without my permission just so she could make a commission! 

I had to go thru a lot of paperwork and phone calls to get switched back to the same plan I had before.

Be Careful

....Wow, I would have been furious and called the insurance commission, that was wrong.