Honored Contributor

A wonderful man just died in a plane crash....

I had a number of business appointments today and in between calls, I kept hearing on XM Radio about a plane from Rochester that was flying as a "ghost plane." I had a very strange premonition it was someone I knew, when they said the plane was supposed to be headed for Naples.

It turned out to be a former client, a wonderful human being and Rochester NYs biggest developer and booster, Larry Glazer. His wife was the only other person on board.

So sad...

Super Contributor

Re: A wonderful man just died in a plane crash....

So sorry terrier. What a shock this must be.

Honored Contributor

How sad. I was watching the whole thing transpiring on CNN for the past hour. They indicated it was a new plane. Wonder what happened.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry that you lost these people from your life. :'(

Honored Contributor

What qualifies an aircraft as a ""ghost plane""? I have never heard of this term.

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 ive been framed said:

So sorry terrier. What a shock this must be.

To everybody in Rochester or the area!

He owned the downtown mall (which he was developing), the Xerox Building, the Bausch & Lomb Building, an office complex where we worked...just about all the large properties. His wife had a catalogue/online business.

I think they knew for quite a while it was Larry & Jane, but they waited until the plane was down before announcing the people on board.

He was very involved in revitalizing upstate NY.

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 deepwaterdotter said:

What qualifies an aircraft as a ""ghost plane""? I have never heard of this term.

Lost radio contact with the pilot. Could not get him to respond to calls.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Preds said:

Thanks Preds.

Honored Contributor

What qualifies an aircraft as a "ghost plane"? I have never heard of this term.

Remember when Payne Stewart's (the golfer) plane flew for miles after everyone was unconscious? The cabin lost pressure, everyone was unconscious and the plane continued flying on auto-pilot until it ran put of fuel & crashed. Fighter jets flew alongside & saw the pilot was slumped over the controls and unresponsive.

I had MSNBC on XM in the car and every time I got in the car to drive, they were talking about the location of the plane. It finally ran out of fuel & went down near Jamaica. His son must have been beside himself hearing the flight of the plane.

Valued Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Preds said:

Plus the F-15 pilots that flew along side the plane said the windows were frosted up. thus the term ""ghost plane"". This is the same thing that happened to Payne Stewart's plane a few years ago. Very sad.