Honored Contributor

I hadn't thought about that but , yes, it possible the cop was aware it was fake.

Honored Contributor

which college tv channel was it?

i would like to see the video or read an online report about it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I’m sure there’s more to the story

There always is... 

Honored Contributor

That's why we should go about armed. If it was a Stand Your Ground state, I would have shot him. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

That's why we should go about armed. If it was a Stand Your Ground state, I would have shot him. 

@occasionalrain

you would risk firing a shot in a jogging park full of people?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

That’s probably why people don’t get involved - fear of being shot by people who would do things like this 

Respected Contributor

Re: A video on facebook...

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

It's not clear if this college TV channel staged a "what would you do" presentation or did they just come upon the scene by happenstance?   And why did the camera men stop the two who tried to step in?

If it was truly a domestic incident, it's evident from recent events that even police trying to intervene can be killed or wounded.  They are among the most dangerous situations for police or civilians to get involved in.  A 911 call would be most  prudent.

It was perfectly clear that it was a what would you do  incident and they stepped in to prevent the poor actor getting beat up.

Well, since it wasn't perfectly clear to me if it was real or not, I think the TV channel staff could have been held responsible if someone were really hurt.  Quite irresponsible of them IMO.  

eta:  Not to mention calling 911 for a bogus test run and utilizing police for a sham while they could be involved in more important business in the community.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

....or the 10 year old who was standing in the crowd behind him.

Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

It's not clear if this college TV channel staged a "what would you do" presentation or did they just come upon the scene by happenstance?   And why did the camera men stop the two who tried to step in?

If it was truly a domestic incident, it's evident from recent events that even police trying to intervene can be killed or wounded.  They are among the most dangerous situations for police or civilians to get involved in.  A 911 call would be most  prudent.

It was perfectly clear that it was a what would you do  incident and they stepped in to prevent the poor actor getting beat up.

Well, since it wasn't perfectly clear to me if it was real or not, I think the TV channel staff could have been held responsible if someone were really hurt.  Quite irresponsible of them IMO.  

eta:  Not to mention calling 911 for a bogus test run and utilizing police for a sham while they could be involved in more important business in the community.

Psssst!

The police and 9-1-1 was notified in advance.

If you ever watch "What Would You Do?", they always say that before any scenario is done they notify the police and 9-1-1 beforehand.

I'm sure that college did the same thing, which is why the cop walked by in the park.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Psssst!

The police and 9-1-1 was notified in advance.

If you ever watch "What Would You Do?", they always say that before any scenario is done they notify the police and 9-1-1 beforehand.

I'm sure that college did the same thing, which is why the cop walked by in the park.

Well, pssst right back at you.  Not everyone is familiar with the show, especially people walking down the street who might believe it's real and enhance the possibility of causing some real damage.  

There's enough mayhem going on in real life without a reality TV show creating more.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~