A very touching moment this a.m.

I have not been watching qvc much lately so was not familiar with host Mary Nelson, but started watching her copper chef presentation around 1 a.m.  There was some talk about her "memaw's" Mandarin oranges cake and she said it was the icing she loved the most. The cake was handed to her in the Copper Chef pan by the co-presenter (Joe?) who she seemed to have been having a good time with during the presentation.  She tasted it,  her face flushed, tears welled up, but she was able to hold it together so well.  She said "that's it" (meaning of course that it tasted just like "memaw's).  She then said that she better take a waiting viewer call which she did and everything lightened up again.  What a sweet moment - it made my morning and I will definitely try the recipe.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A very touching moment this a.m.

What a sweet story.  No matter how old we get there are memories that touch us to the core that brings tears to our eyes.  The cake sounds like it would be delicious.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

Food, scents and music are all powerful and can take us right back to certain moments of time. I am loving Mary’s personality. 

Valued Contributor

I was watching the segment, I realky like Mary Nelson. She seems so sweet. Brought tears to my eyes also. But, what a pro, she held it together. I think they have a winner with her.

Frequent Contributor

That's really special. Thanks for sharing!