Honored Contributor

I am very sorry @LilacTree . It is nice that your daughters and you can be supportive during this most difficult time. 

Respected Contributor

A sad reminder that we never know what tomorrow will bring.  You are a great role model to your girls and the son of the sick woman.  I hope he will remain in your life. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

A sad reminder that we never know what tomorrow will bring.  You are a great role model to your girls and the son of the sick woman.  I hope he will remain in your life. 

@this is my nic 

Oh, most definitely.  We have always loved each other.  He also has his mother’s sister, his aunt, and they have always been close too.  And he has three children of his own . . . There will be no lack of love in his life.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@smb3 wrote:

It is touching to hear that you have a nice relationship and were able to rise above the anger and everything that goes along with a break up of a relationship.  Small cell lung cancer is deadly, I am sorry to hear this sad news.

@smb3 

yes, it is deadly.  She wanted to know and they told her in terms of months.  

She was shocked because she had gone to the hospital for chest pain after a minor car accident for an x-ray.  She had no pain prior to that. They found this.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry.

Her presence in it - obviously made the world a better place. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Re: A very sad day

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree you ha e the most beautiful heart.I think your girls are so fortunate to have such a special mother..Such a sad time for your family.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry for the sadness within your family circle. It is so meaningful to have such acknowledgement and caring among everyone. During these moments gratitude is and love gives comfort to everybody.

Lilac, you are a kind lady, and have always shared your kindness and well wishes to all. Sincerely sorry for this unhappiness in your life, and for those you love.

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree 

Beautiful inside and out....both of you !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I feel so sorry for this poor woman, as well as for you, your daughters, and your late DH’s son.  Your caring and close relationship certainly say much about your loving nature.  You have truly been a positive influence and continue to be. My best wishes for all.

Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree  Thoughts and prayers !!!