Trusted Contributor

I have been all over the internet looking for boots, sturdy hiking/winter/waterproof boots and have checked many online sites. What I discovered (and maybe only because it's the holiday season) is that for every site I look at and click on a boot and show some interest, if I dont' buy it and leave the site, I either get a pop-up that says something like "before you leave, how about taking 30% off" or something like that. I put a boot in my cart on one site and got half way through checkout and decided to search online for other retailers who might have that boot on sale, I removed the item and closed that site window, I re-opened it and got a message that said "you have $25 in your cart to use" which brought the boot down to $125 and it is selling at many other retailers for $150, Amazon did not have my size or color, another site had easy pays but at the $150 price. Anyway I thought that was interesting,

I have gotten several emails in the last couple days from other sites I've looked at for additional 40% off on  new items, one of those was Lands End on a squall parka that I almost bought on Sunday for 30% off, now 40% off.

Just seems to me that showing interesting and putting things in your cart to save for later might bring some added benefits. I did buy the boots at $125 with free shipping and free returns. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: A trick for shopping online

Good to know these things. 

Thanks for the heads-up!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@60sgirl   What an adorable dog!!!! In your little picture.

Trusted Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

I have been all over the internet looking for boots, sturdy hiking/winter/waterproof boots and have checked many online sites. What I discovered (and maybe only because it's the holiday season) is that for every site I look at and click on a boot and show some interest, if I dont' buy it and leave the site, I either get a pop-up that says something like "before you leave, how about taking 30% off" or something like that. I put a boot in my cart on one site and got half way through checkout and decided to search online for other retailers who might have that boot on sale, I removed the item and closed that site window, I re-opened it and got a message that said "you have $25 in your cart to use" which brought the boot down to $125 and it is selling at many other retailers for $150, Amazon did not have my size or color, another site had easy pays but at the $150 price. Anyway I thought that was interesting,

I have gotten several emails in the last couple days from other sites I've looked at for additional 40% off on  new items, one of those was Lands End on a squall parka that I almost bought on Sunday for 30% off, now 40% off.

Just seems to me that showing interesting and putting things in your cart to save for later might bring some added benefits. I did buy the boots at $125 with free shipping and free returns. 

I've never had that happen when I left something in a shopping cart & left the site. When I've done that, I've gotten e-mails telling me "hey we noticed that  you left something in your shopping cart."  All that does is get me back to the site to empty out the cart so I don't keep getting the e-mail.

Respected Contributor

this is definitely something new.  never happened to me.  thanks for the post!  i'll be on the lookout!

Honored Contributor

I have never had that happen, i to will get a e mail,saying i have left something in my cart,like the other poster said.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

good luck shopping. I am happy that it has worked for me twice now. May be a coinkydink, but who knows? 

Honored Contributor

I'll have to check this out ... thanks for the heads up!

Trusted Contributor

also wantd to add that Nordstrom does price checking and if they find the item at the lower price, they will give the lower price too. I did a print screen of a page on another retail site that showed me the message of a price discount, went to Nordstrom and found the same item, and since I like shopping there cause it's free shipping both ways and I get reward points on my card, I did an online chat with CS and did a paste of the print screen for her to see the price they were offering.

Hey, every little thing to save some money works for me

Esteemed Contributor

I noticed that happening to me quite some time back and make it a regular practice now. Shhhhhh, don't tell them, they might stop doing it, LOL

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines