Esteemed Contributor

Frightening, so glad whoever was looking out for you put the brakes on.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

So thankful you are both ok and didnt get hit. That had to be really scary!!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Not only are driver's distracted by too many "things", they simply are too ignorant to know what the rules of the road are.

Pedestrians have the right of way.  Not too hard a concept to grasp for most, but for some, its a challenge.

I notice when I do have to walk along a busy road, cars not only DO NOT ease up on the gas pedal, they speed along oblivious to what could happen.  They don't even allow extra room for the pedestrian and dog walker.  There are no sidewalks where I live so no choice but to walk along the side of the road.

Anyway, glad you and your doggie made it home safely.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

It seems our safety is at risk wherever we go or whatever we do. It is indeed scary. So glad everyone is okay.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

I'm so glad you and your pup are okay!!!  

I have had a couple close calls too, and my sister makes fun of me for being overly cautious when crossing streets, but you have to.....Drivers dont even look out for pedestrians anymore even if the pedestrians have the right of way, not even with traffic lights! .....BE SAFE OUT THERE FOLKS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness @suzyQ3, thank goodness you and your pup are ok!  I bet that was a scary experience.  No wonder you were shaking!!  

So glad you came through with just rattled nerves.  And the pup was ready to carry on.  lol Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Re: A too close of a call

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

In my way of saying thanks to all of you, I want everybody to remember that this board can be a wonderful place to be.

Amen, and say it again, @suzyQ3!   I, too, am grateful for this community of good people.❤️

And I'm grateful you and Cali are okay.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3, I just saw this. You must have been very shaken afterwards. I am glad to read, though, that you are alright.

A few years ago when my son moved to Park Slope, Brooklyn, he called me extremely upset because he had been hit by a car in an intersection. The driver didn't stop. He had some injuries yet the car sped away. The driver was never caught either.

Once again, I am happy to read that both you and Cali are OK.